Home

Constructive Criticism (READ NOW, Instant bans Now In Effect)

This is a discussion on Constructive Criticism (READ NOW, Instant bans Now In Effect) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 08:07 PM   #73
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Constructive Criticism (READ NOW, Instant bans Now In Effect)

I say this only somewhat facetiously, Did I miss the announcement where OS was granted message board exclusivity to discuss Sports video games?

There must be dozens of sites where one can go and discuss, rant, vent, insult, skewer, et al. Sports video games without the "inconvenience" of having to reflect for a moment about what you choose to post. I'm sure there are several site that actually revel in letting their posters blast away.

Posting here means agreeing to exercise a modicum of self restraint. If you can't do that, then you should just lurk. There is one sight that I visit where I never post because I don't agree with their strict policy of not allowing posters to ever call out other posters no matter how off base their statements are.

Interestingly enough if those with low impulsivity control decided to just lurk, they would observe a place where both the positive and negative aspects of games are discussed and the many excellent ideas about how to improve games would dominate the conversations.

There are people who have been here 8+ years who have been extremely critical of many games and many decisions by development teams and have somehow managed to not get banned. How did they do it? Oh, I know, by making points in a logical, respectful manner, without resorting to juvenile attacks, and tired rhetoric.

Of late, sniping and agenda fueled posts and their inevitable rebuttal arguments, have been front and center. For quality discussions to take the spotlight back, the foolishness has got to be stamped out.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:30 PM   #74
Rookie

BIGD419's Arena

OVR: 5

Would it be okay if I put my avatar as a crying baby and put above it "Today's OS Administration"? Would that not be sarcastic, constructive, or "flaming"?

Edit: Though talks with OS admins, mods, and others, I have since relized that what I said here wasnst the best way to make my point and seek an answer. I would like to personally apologize to DickDalewood, the OS administration team, and anyone who read this post.

Last edited by BIGD419; 07-05-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:45 PM   #75
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGD419
Would it be okay if I put my avatar as a crying baby and put above it "Today's OS Administration"? Would that not be sarcastic, constructive, or "flaming"?
Its not that hard to follow the rules man, if you dont like the new rules that are in place there are other sites that you can go to, in order to get respect you have to give it.
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2010, 08:47 PM   #76
Rookie

BIGD419's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty199127
Its not that hard to follow the rules man, if you dont like the new rules that are in place there are other sites that you can go to, in order to get respect you have to give it.
That was kinda my point talking about the avatar.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:09 PM   #77
Strategy

OVR: 36

While I'm open to people reporting how they feel, I think this implementation will present great benefit for OS in the long run. I appreciate this a great deal. People can still file issues- they just have to do so in a much more thought out method.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:57 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
Is the problem so bad that these measures really need to be implemented? These forums can be moderated a bit severely at times already.
I agree that the moderators can be heavy handed at times. I am aware that some behaviors should not be tolerated. But at times I am frustrated by the threads closed by moderators. Not the threads that are cleraly destructive, but there are other threads that are legitimate that the mods don't think are relevant and thus closed.

I guess I am not fond of zero tolerance policies because things are always subjective and what happens on any given day could also depend on moderators mood and own biases.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:06 AM   #79
MVP

OVR: 22

Sounds good. I'm anxious to see if it'll be enforced the same way in the Madden forums and Backbreaker forums.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:01 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JkA3
While I'm open to people reporting how they feel, I think this implementation will present great benefit for OS in the long run. I appreciate this a great deal. People can still file issues- they just have to do so in a much more thought out method.
I agreed. This implement will present a great benefit for OS in the long run!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »