Home

Constructive Criticism (READ NOW, Instant bans Now In Effect)

This is a discussion on Constructive Criticism (READ NOW, Instant bans Now In Effect) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 10:45 PM   #33
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Constructive Criticism (READ NOW, Instant bans Now In Effect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDawg35
I totally get dealing with other posters in a mature manner. I'm 47. I'm not here for the juvenile ramblings that infest so many other forums.

The impression that some of us get, however, is that criticism of the games we pay $60 for is suppressed as much as possible. It's funneled into one "criticisms" thread, but there is no such funneling for positive comments. I am one who understands the difference between saying "EA sucks" and "It's weak that EA can't have all 120 stadiums in the game five years into next gen" - because it would be weak if they weren't in (not sure if they are now).

Some of us feel we have to tip-toe around here when we criticism the products, like there's too much concern that game developers who post here will be offended. Threads like this makes us even more concerned just what will be tolerated.
NCAA 11 has 119 real stadiums this year. The only one they dont have is Akron. Look where I am from!

To answer your question though. We have said many times that is ok to hate the game, hate things about the game, and let everyone know how you feel. We are just asking that you do it in a mature way. We all know what that means. Some people just can't or won't do it.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:11 PM   #34
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Is the problem so bad that these measures really need to be implemented? These forums can be moderated a bit severely at times already.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:14 PM   #35
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
Is the problem so bad that these measures really need to be implemented? These forums can be moderated a bit severely at times already.
Yes. And sorry you feel that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2010, 11:15 PM   #36
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
Yes. One of the best things to happen on OS.
If getting people to post in a mature way is wrong..I don't want to be right...

tehehehehe

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-01-2010, 03:17 AM   #37
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31_OS
NCAA 11 has 119 real stadiums this year. The only one they dont have is Akron. Look where I am from!

To answer your question though. We have said many times that is ok to hate the game, hate things about the game, and let everyone know how you feel. We are just asking that you do it in a mature way. We all know what that means. Some people just can't or won't do it.
I think that what some people are trying to ask is if you like the game, will you be held to the same standard as those who are not as much fans of the game. If not, it comes across as less cracking down and more butt kissing to devs to get them back on here. I'm not saying that's what you guys are saying/doing, or that positive impressions won't also be held to a higher standard, for the record.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:34 AM   #38
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
I think that what some people are trying to ask is if you like the game, will you be held to the same standard as those who are not as much fans of the game. If not, it comes across as less cracking down and more butt kissing to devs to get them back on here. I'm not saying that's what you guys are saying/doing, or that positive impressions won't also be held to a higher standard, for the record.
How do you hold positive impressions to a higher standard? This isn't yin and yang. We are trying to cut down on the ridiculousness. The incendiary posts. The posts that are made over and over about the same thing. The agenda posts.

If there is an occasion where someone is getting out of hand with positive stuff, it will be dealt with.

The bottom line is there is a TOS that you agree to when you sign up to use these forums. If you break it, you are banned. Its as simple as that.

Last edited by PVarck31; 07-01-2010 at 03:37 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:13 AM   #39
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31_OS
How do you hold positive impressions to a higher standard? This isn't yin and yang. We are trying to cut down on the ridiculousness. The incendiary posts. The posts that are made over and over about the same thing. The agenda posts.

If there is an occasion where someone is getting out of hand with positive stuff, it will be dealt with.

The bottom line is there is a TOS that you agree to when you sign up to use these forums. If you break it, you are banned. Its as simple as that.
How to hold positive impressions to a higher standard? Well, it should be constructive. No "you're just trying to find stuff not to like", no constant accusations of "nit-picking" just because it isn't important to you, no more "it's just a game, what do you want?!?!?!?!" etc. There have many times on these boards when one person expressing a negative opinion, even in a well constructed, thought-out, non-inflammatory posts, has been swarmed on by about two pages of people saying "you don't know what your talking about" type posts. It isn't nearly as prevalent as posts going the other way, and not as many arguments start this way, but it certainly does happen.

I mean, I try to stay pretty positive about games. If I don't like a game, I typically stop playing it, move on, and if I'm not playing the game, I'm not in the forum. But there are a lot of positive impressions that add absolutely no value to anything, and can be inflammatory in their own right. If you don't take care of those like you do with the negative ones, it's just going to flood the forum with needless posts about how much people love the game, while people who have issues with the game have to be more cautious and thoughtful with their posts.

I have no problem with people being expected to post with more thought and constructiveness. I just think that should go for all thoughts, not just criticism.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:24 AM   #40
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
How to hold positive impressions to a higher standard? Well, it should be constructive. No "you're just trying to find stuff not to like", no constant accusations of "nit-picking" just because it isn't important to you, no more "it's just a game, what do you want?!?!?!?!" etc. There have many times on these boards when one person expressing a negative opinion, even in a well constructed, thought-out, non-inflammatory posts, has been swarmed on by about two pages of people saying "you don't know what your talking about" type posts. It isn't nearly as prevalent as posts going the other way, and not as many arguments start this way, but it certainly does happen.

I mean, I try to stay pretty positive about games. If I don't like a game, I typically stop playing it, move on, and if I'm not playing the game, I'm not in the forum. But there are a lot of positive impressions that add absolutely no value to anything, and can be inflammatory in their own right. If you don't take care of those like you do with the negative ones, it's just going to flood the forum with needless posts about how much people love the game, while people who have issues with the game have to be more cautious and thoughtful with their posts.

I have no problem with people being expected to post with more thought and constructiveness. I just think that should go for all thoughts, not just criticism.
Like I said, those situations will be dealt with. And like you said, those posts are rare. The real issue here is the out of control TOS violations.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »