Home

Anyone know why is there an "Embargo" by EA??

This is a discussion on Anyone know why is there an "Embargo" by EA?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2010, 06:42 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Anyone know why is there an "Embargo" by EA??

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriouzwun
Okay I think I just confirmed my friend is an arse. I caught him in it. Move along nothing to see here! He lost it when I questioned him for the embargo and and why GI would be allowed to review....and his response was "because pre-orders were bad" lmao I said this is a sports game not a new IP.
I was scared there for a second, I was hoping this game didn't have some gamebreaking bug or something lol
Old 06-29-2010, 06:43 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreezymac
Here's a thought...why the F*** are we concerned with embargos here on OS?!?! This is technically NOT a media outlet between us but a public forum of discussion. It's likely that 99.9% of us who were going to buy it will still buy it REGARDLESS of what the early players say. SPILL THE BEANS ALREADY!!
It's because the guys in the know signed a non-disclosure agreement, which means they get in big legal trouble if they speak about certain things too soon.

I signed one when I went to San Diego to see MLB 10: The Show early, and anyone else who does something similar has to do the same.

Fortunately in that case, the NDA was rather loose and we were able to talk about just about anything we saw. It all depends on what the developers are willing to allow.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:45 PM   #35
Rookie

notoriouzwun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
I was scared there for a second, I was hoping this game didn't have some gamebreaking bug or something lol
oh god..I was in fear...and normally id ont believe that stuff but he had me...Only cause he doesnt lie about stuff like that...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2010, 10:26 PM   #36
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Here's a thought...why the F*** are we concerned with embargos here on OS?!?! This is technically NOT a media outlet between us but a public forum of discussion. It's likely that 99.9% of us who were going to buy it will still buy it REGARDLESS of what the early players say. SPILL THE BEANS ALREADY!!
Well, the front page of the site reports news and features, so it is a media outlet, and that is how they received their copy. In order to get the game early, media has to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement. If John Doe gets a copy of the game not being part of a media outlet, and doesn't haven't to sign a NDA, then he can post stuff about the game all he wants.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:51 PM   #37
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Because us staff writers don't want to:

A.) lose our jobs
B.) violate a non disclosure agreement with the largest sports game manufacturer out there.?

Think about it, why would we risk our relationship with EA (aka them getting us games early, giving us exclusives, releasing info to us to share w the site, etc.) all to break some news a week early?

Honestly guys, just be patient. There's plenty of info out there already, you have a demo, and tons of E3 vids. We are going to hook you up with a ton of info as soon as we can.

Ohh, and the 15 online questions will be answered when EA gets the official media dynasty set up.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:26 PM   #38
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11

Im well aware of the dynamics behind non disclosure. It was more of a rhetorical question...but thanks for the responses!
Old 06-30-2010, 01:58 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14

Honestly guys, just be patient. There's plenty of info out there already, you have a demo, and tons of E3 vids. We are going to hook you up with a ton of info as soon as we can.
maybe i am just reading too much into this, but it seems like there is something more based on how that was worded.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:10 AM   #40
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I got the new GameInformer last week I believe, there is nothing no NCAA review. And like someone else said I don't think the new one will come out till mid-July.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »