Home

How great would it be to edit rosters over the net?

This is a discussion on How great would it be to edit rosters over the net? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2010, 12:49 PM   #1
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
How great would it be to edit rosters over the net?

With all this about franchise on the web and being able to operate it almost solely from the internet, it'd be much better if default rosters were editable from the internet as well.

The rosters would for sure be out much quicker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2010, 12:53 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: How great would it be to edit rosters over the net?

Amen to that, the rosters could be pumped out in half the time. And how much easier would it be to share rosters as well for those who didn't have their consoles online.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:57 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

It would be great. I don;t do rosters due to how much of a pain it is. I tried once and got through one team and quit. If it was able to be done on the computer with ease, then I would make another attempt at it.

It would help people get the rosters out within days and not within weeks. I think EA should make this possible. I know some people who don't buy the game until named rosters are out, this would help EA get those earlier purchases.

― Plato
Old 06-30-2010, 01:22 PM   #4
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

I doubt they ever do it with the lawsuit and such, but they definitely have the capability. It would be awesome if they implemented it to allow us to edit equipment too. Then you could be on your laptop watching the game and have the ability to edit gear as well (for the hardcore guys of course).
Old 06-30-2010, 01:24 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Lawsuit would have nothing to do with it. So long as it's editable in the game it would make no legal difference if they are edited in game or on a PC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2010, 01:27 PM   #6
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Yup -- I actually suggested this feature on the OS NCAA 11 wish list last year.

I think the EA Locker has a lot of untapped potential. We should be able to edit and name rosters (including editing player equipment) on a Teambuilder-style website, and then download and share them through the EA Locker.

What a breeze that would be.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:31 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

It would be so much easier online. I've been naming and editing my own rosters since I think NCAA 2003, I've never shared them with the community because I never finish. Usually I get my main conference (big 10) done after a week, and then I play a season.

After getting that first season under my belt I work on the rest of the major conferences, as well as all starting QBs and any other star players from the smaller schools that I can find. It's so time consuming! Especially when I get stuck on a player that just doesn't seem to have a corresponding real player, then you have to search for transfers or players kicked off the team.

Doing it all at the computer instead of going back n forth would be incredibly efficient, I wish this would really happen!
Old 06-30-2010, 01:46 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Funny thing to add, my roommate lets me use her laptop when a new college game comes out so I don't have to walk back n forth from computer to tv, since mine aren't in the same room... She now has nicknamed her laptop "kevin's rosters machine" haha

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »