Home

This game plays way too fast and unrealistic

This is a discussion on This game plays way too fast and unrealistic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2010, 07:03 PM   #33
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: This game plays way too fast and unrealistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliottcarbone
The fact is I should not have to do all these changes to a game in order to get enjoyment out of it. Having to fix sliders, settings and the horrible ratings EA did will be a chore at hand. I would rather go into a game knowing that I don't have to make changes right away. The pass rush could be better, end zone crowd animations look terrible for next-gen and the commentary is the same bland crap from years past. No wonder Madden runs the show when it comes to next gen football games. EA def could have stepped there game up on this one...
Adjusting a speed slider, or any slider is far from a chore, especially when we get such great sliders from guys like Playmakers, and the OS community. Also, almost no sports games are perfect out of the box, even the greatest games need some tweaking, that's just how it is.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 06-30-2010, 07:08 PM   #34
Rookie

mwink31's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Adjusting a speed slider, or any slider is far from a chore, especially when we get such great sliders from guys like Playmakers, and the OS community. Also, almost no sports games are perfect out of the box, even the greatest games need some tweaking, that's just how it is.
There are some great slider settings found on this website. I work on finding a set that works while waiting for the rosters.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:11 PM   #35
Rookie

j_tinkler21's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Anybody else think this game is very unrealistic and plays way too fast. I am very disappointed in the demo and think that the lack of pass rush is another mind boggling problem that has not been addressed. I mean last year we all went thru the pass rush issue and yet again it is a problem. I think that the gameplay is too wide open and it looks like it will be an offensive shootout. I understand you need to sale the game with offense but tell me that there will be a game speed option so I can play at a slow game speed.
Updates from the NCAA Football 11 Demo (from the Blog)

• Front four defensive linemen will generate a better pass rush. There are many contributing factors to this that have been tweaked. CPU defensive linemen will rush the pass more aggressively and will not get thrown to the ground as often when "losing" to the blocker. Defensive ends will also do a better job of getting off their blocks at more appropriate angles to help contain a scrambling quarterback. Additionally, you can always tune the pass rush to your liking using the AI sliders if you still feel it is lacking (or overpowered) in the final product.

• Pass defense has been greatly improved, both in man and zone coverage assignments. They will do a better job defending crosses, slants, and the flats in man coverage. Also, deep zone assignments have been improved to defend against the deep pass. Like the pass rush, you can further tune this to your liking using AI sliders.

And there is a game speed slider in the final version.

Next!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2010, 08:12 PM   #36
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

[quote=Senator Palmer;2041251152][quote=elliottcarbone;2041250759]that the lack of pass rush is another mind boggling problem that has not been addressed.
Quote:

If you're having problems getting consistent pressure, I found turing your defensive line gameplan to aggressive will have your AI defenders continually jump the snap. And on passing downs, if you squeeze L2 to bring up the d-line audibles and up to PASS commit, your linemen will get upfield in a hurry to collapse the pocket.

I skipped last year, but I hated the lack of pas rush in NCAA 09, but in the demo I haven't had much of a problem.
How do you change your gameplan? I did not know you could do that in the demo
Old 06-30-2010, 08:27 PM   #37
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

[quote=berad88;2041251877][quote=Senator Palmer;2041251152]
Quote:
that the lack of pass rush is another mind boggling problem that has not been addressed.

How do you change your gameplan? I did not know you could do that in the demo
In the playcall screen, call your plays from the formations. For some reason, when the game starts in the basic playcalling, you don't see the option. Hit the right stick to go out to your formations. When you click on the formation on offense/defense to bring up the plays you want in the bottom right of the playcall window, you'll see x for gameplan (360). I don't manually control my linemen and I thought the pass rush was useless also, but changing my defensive line to aggressive showed immediate results. I noticed the "user jump snap" on almost every play.

And to elliot, you should give it a try as well as the d-line audible to pass commit before you condemn the game. It's pretty simple.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:44 PM   #38
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
What's ironic is that these "the game is too fast" complaints weren't all that common last year; now that the game is actually much slower, they seem like they're all over the place.

I think they've found a good balance. Madden looks like it's running in slow motion when I watch gameplay vids, while NCAA11 is right in between NCAA10 and Madden.
This. Every time I see one of these threads I wonder if that person played 10 at all. Like you, I feel that the speed is just right. Madden on slow speed was horribly slow. Even Chris Johnson felt like he was slow. NCAA's speed is perfect IMO. I can't wait to get my hands on it.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:51 PM   #39
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Do that many of you not play online? Wow! You all talk about sliders like it solves everything...but for those of us that play online we're stuck at default speeds which thank fully is slower than last year, and also isn't as slow as Madden. I like the speed of the demo, but just for arguements sake I wanted to take up for those that play online.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:55 PM   #40
Banned

1GATORFAN4EVA's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
Do that many of you not play online? Wow! You all talk about sliders like it solves everything...but for those of us that play online we're stuck at default speeds which thank fully is slower than last year, and also isn't as slow as Madden. I like the speed of the demo, but just for arguements sake I wanted to take up for those that play online.
Onine is my main thing for NCAA football games, just because dynasty got boring because the gameplay was stale but this year I think it's gonna be different.

I love the demo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »