Home

Auto-Sprint question!

This is a discussion on Auto-Sprint question! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2010, 02:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Icon5 Auto-Sprint question!

This was brought up on the Maddden board but I want to know if it applies to this game as well!

AUTO-SPRINT DOES IT:

A.) Pick and choose when your player sprints

or

B.) The L stick utilizes the pressure sensitivity ie. if you barely move the L stick your guy is in normal run, and if you have it held in the direction the ball carrier is facing all the way he sprints

????????

Also how does this translate to the QB scrambling?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Auto-Sprint question!

Play the demo and you can test this yourself. Turn on auto sprint and return a KO (so that you have time to run around by yourself for a while). Push up slightly on the left stick and you'll see that your player only jogs instead of running @ full speed.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 07-01-2010, 04:41 PM   #3
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKx84
B.) The L stick utilizes the pressure sensitivity ie. if you barely move the L stick your guy is in normal run, and if you have it held in the direction the ball carrier is facing all the way he sprints
This.

I don't quite have a feel for it yet, so I prefer leaving auto-sprint off.

I like having that extra gear on demand with the right trigger. Besides, I find it too damn hard to "feather" the L-stick -- pressing it all the way up has been hardcoded into my DNA after a good decade of playing sports games.

Some argue auto-sprint is more "realistic," but I don't buy that at all.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:00 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
This.

I don't quite have a feel for it yet, so I prefer leaving auto-sprint off.

I like having that extra gear on demand with the right trigger. Besides, I find it too damn hard to "feather" the L-stick -- pressing it all the way up has been hardcoded into my DNA after a good decade of playing sports games.

Some argue auto-sprint is more "realistic," but I don't buy that at all.
I like the "on-demand" option. but either way they are both fairly realistic. Auto-Sprint just takes it out of your control. If your running you cant just hit a dead sprint after your first step, its takes a few. So if auto-sprint or "on-demand" spring utilizes that principle along with cutting, im indifferent to either.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:32 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

I would think using the auto sprint would allow to focus more on making jukes, spins, stiff arms etc. I haven't tried it but I would think it might open you up to using more moves. Lots of times (atleast me anyway) I will just hit sprint and lose patients, maybe it would allow you to learn to run better and not just speed mash.

Last edited by Cito2009; 07-01-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #6
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito2009
maybe it would allow you to learn to run better and not just speed mash.
I actually think it's the opposite; as I said above, I think it's hard in the heat of the moment to press the L-stick only halfway or three-quarters of the way up. I bet most people who play with auto-sprint on will probably end up sprinting more than they do with the "old" sprint button.

But that's me, and maybe I've got fat thumbs.

That's why I'm leaving auto-sprint off, and saving the speed burst for when I want to hit that extra gear.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:40 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

It does B. I use auto sprint because it gives me more control and feels more realistic to me.Once you get practice, holding it at certain spots isn't hard. I can easily maneuver my running back before I find the open hole. It takes practice if you aren't used to it though.

― Plato
Old 07-01-2010, 09:59 PM   #8
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito2009
I would think using the auto sprint would allow to focus more on making jukes, spins, stiff arms etc. I haven't tried it but I would think it might open you up to using more moves. Lots of times (atleast me anyway) I will just hit sprint and lose patients, maybe it would allow you to learn to run better and not just speed mash.
This is how I feel about it. It frees up my thought process for what i can be doing as far as juking, spinning, leaning, etc.

It's not natural to just use the left stick because it's also something I'm used to. However, I like the feel of it and I'm slowly training my old dog some new tricks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »