Home

Pocket Scout™ College Football Available Now at Apple Appstore

This is a discussion on Pocket Scout™ College Football Available Now at Apple Appstore within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2010, 07:20 PM   #17
Pro

Geauxldenboy's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Pocket Scout™ College Football Available Now at Apple Appstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
I regret to say not anytime soon, since I do not have an Android phone for testing purposes. Once I finish the 2011 update I will be looking at possibly a Madden app or look more at porting PSCF over to the android. But if I do so I would need the help of someone with an Android phone to do testing for it.
Let me know if you decide to do some droid development, if its not too complicated, I'd be willing to help with the testing.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:08 PM   #18
Pro

HokieB's Arena

OVR: 14

Do you know roughly when the update for 2011 will be out? Are we talking a few days after NCAA 2011 drops, or will it be a matter of weeks?
Old 07-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #19
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

I have a message out to Adam about getting the missing information I need. If he is nice enough to send it over it will be have the update in the Appstore within a day or so of release.

If not I will have the info the night of release and submit it to Apple within a couple hours. I have already have all the formulas finished but I need to know if the 40times, bench and squat relationships and numbers are the same as in 2010, and if not I need to get a copy of the new ones.

The first app took 6 days to go through the acceptance process so that is about the only estimate I can give.

Thanks
Tc
PocketScout
Old 07-01-2010, 08:30 PM   #20
Pro

HokieB's Arena

OVR: 14

Sounds good. I purchased it today and look forward to using it.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:44 PM   #21
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Actually after thinking about it I will go ahead with the 1.1 update and try to get it out asap so hopefully it is in the store by release day.

What it will do is instead of having exact values for speed, strength, and tackle I will just use the players letter grade for them. This will slightly take away from some of the accuracy, but it will allow you guys to hopefully be able to enjoy it on release day.

If Adam is nice enough to send over the info I'll put out the update with it, and if not on release night I will just finish up 1.2 and have it sent in to Apple for approval.

And also thank you for your interest in this little app of mine. I'm doing this as a way to make a couple extra dollars for my family. I know $1.99 is not much but every purchase really does help me out. Again, thank you to all who have purchased this app and those who will.

Tc
PocketScout
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 09:13 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geauxldenboy
Let me know if you decide to do some droid development, if its not too complicated, I'd be willing to help with the testing.
I have an android phone as well
Old 07-01-2010, 09:28 PM   #23
Rookie

c_law23's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloves 82
I have an android phone as well
same here. Hope to see it on android... that would have made my day

NFL - Cleveland Browns
MLB - Chicago Whitesox
NBA - Cleveland Cavaliers
NHL - Columbus Blue Jackets/Chicago Blackhawks

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-01-2010, 09:44 PM   #24
Rookie

antdawg9's Arena

OVR: 3

I know I'm in the minority but I'm not a fan of it. I hate the idea of being able to see a players overall from the recruiting page. I always liked it when I battled for a five star and he only ends up being a 77 whereas my 3 star was a 80. It's part of what makes recruiting great, its really a crapshoot. That's why I always pay attention to the different grades to try to scout the players and don't just go for stars, but I hate the idea seeing everyone's overall before he even signs.

I'm not knocking the app as I'm sure it will be very popular and congrats for that. But personally I'm not a big fan of the idea.

But I also hated when NCAA went to the grading system as it is now where you can always see all the attributes. I wish they would bring back the scout feature where you can choose to scout a player and that info would come up, but if not then you are just getting the info that was reported. So if you recruit a guy with 4.28 speed, and scout him, you may really see that his true speed is 4.42. I used to like that part of recruiting as it was more of a crapshoot on last gen, although recruiting now is 10 times better overall.

I'm sorry for rambling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »