Home

Do the people at EA even watch college football?

This is a discussion on Do the people at EA even watch college football? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2010, 01:55 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Do the people at EA even watch college football?

Quote:
Originally Posted by $D-Money$
Oregon being too high is something I agree with. They have 2 unproven QB's now who Oregon fans say are good but I guess only the season will answer. #4 is awfully high though for a team who lost their anchor.
Of course Oregon fans say the 2 QBs are good...

This would be like Brett Favre announcing his actually IS retiring in a few days, but then rating the Vikings' offense an A+ in Madden. Does EA just completely ignore any transfers/cuts/suspensions/benchings/etc that happen once they get the game mostly done? Because that's a terrible idea in a sports game.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:06 PM   #10
Banned

$D-Money$'s Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLord
Of course Oregon fans say the 2 QBs are good...

This would be like Brett Favre announcing his actually IS retiring in a few days, but then rating the Vikings' offense an A+ in Madden. Does EA just completely ignore any transfers/cuts/suspensions/benchings/etc that happen once they get the game mostly done? Because that's a terrible idea in a sports game.
Well considering their rosters are completely randomly generated and any resemblance to real life is a complete coincidence...then yes I would assume they ignore those.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:10 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by $D-Money$
Well considering their rosters are completely randomly generated and any resemblance to real life is a complete coincidence...then yes I would assume they ignore those.
Hey now, that's only happened a few times.

My favorite was on the PSP three or four years ago, when a random amount of teams had all their graduated players from the previous year still there. Not every team, just some.

How that kind of crap makes it through QA and testing baffles me. I guess I could have also renamed this thread "Do the people at EA even play their own games?" If they did, or they actually cared about representing college football well, they'd probably have immediately fixed Oregon.

It's like Phil Steele – his magazine came out and said USC would be in the Rose Bowl. I bet if it wouldn't cost him a buttload of money (since it's already been released), he would have changed that before he printed. There's no excuse since the game was still several months from release when Masoli was cut...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2010, 02:10 PM   #12
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

You know, i sat here for a minute trying to formulate a reason for some of these oddball ratings, namely the large number of defensively oriented teams with offenses rated higher than their defense, and I couldn't think of anything, whatever logic they used to develop the ratings is beyond me at this point.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-04-2010, 02:12 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
You know, i sat here for a minute trying to formulate a reason for some of these oddball ratings, namely the large number of defensively oriented teams with offenses rated higher than their defense, and I couldn't think of anything, whatever logic they used to develop the ratings is beyond me at this point.
The easy solution would be to just have the developers pick those ratings themselves, but they can't for the simple fact that they will have to change on a yearly basis in dynasty.

I don't know what the solution is, other than completely re-working their rating system, which they've proven year in and year out they are totally unwilling to do (Madden included).
Old 07-04-2010, 02:17 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

Oregon is too high at #4 because they lost Masoli. However, Masoli is still in the game. And #4 is just about right for them with Masoli. Hence, they ranked Oregon just fine.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderRatedCoast
Oregon is too high at #4 because they lost Masoli. However, Masoli is still in the game. And #4 is just about right for them with Masoli. Hence, they ranked Oregon just fine.
OK, that begs another question...

Why is Jeremiah Masoli still on Oregon in the game??? That's a total joke.

But, if he is as you say (I wouldn't know, don't exactly have the game yet), then yeah, Oregon has to stay at #4. But there is NO EXCUSE for EA to have left him on Oregon. None. I can understand a backup for Kent State getting cut in May and still being on the roster, but a big-name player from a top flight school? No way. EA had PLENTY of time to remove him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2010, 02:21 PM   #16
MVP

duckfever8's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLord
OK, that begs another question...

Why is Jeremiah Masoli still on Oregon in the game??? That's a total joke.

But, if he is as you say (I wouldn't know, don't exactly have the game yet), then yeah, Oregon has to stay at #4. But there is NO EXCUSE for EA to have left him on Oregon. None. I can understand a backup for Kent State getting cut in May and still being on the roster, but a big-name player from a top flight school? No way. EA had PLENTY of time to remove him.
He got kicked off by the time they were basically done with rosters. And if you have a problem with it just edit him into one of our incoming freshman and lower his ratings and change name/face. Also, nothing wrong with Oregon being at #4, that's what we would of been anyway if Masoli didn't get kicked off in real life.
NBA-Portland Trail Blazers
NFL-Carolina Panthers
MLB-San Francisco Giants
NHL-Los Angeles Kings
Won't change this signature until Oregon wins a national championship (started 3/10/10)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »