Home

Linebackers one handed interceptions

This is a discussion on Linebackers one handed interceptions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
Rookie

texasfan_95's Arena

OVR: 7
Linebackers one handed interceptions

Seriously why is this still in the game, why was it in the game in the first place. I have yet to see a linebacker with the same athleticism as a corner. To make it worse I've never seen a a DB do the same thing in game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2010, 02:26 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Linebackers one handed interceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfan_95
Seriously why is this still in the game, why was it in the game in the first place. I have yet to see a linebacker with the same athleticism as a corner. To make it worse I've never seen a a DB do the same thing in game.
I'm sure they don't take their time editing how each position intercepts a pass. For example, a CB, FS, SS, LOLB, ROLB, MLB, DE, and DT all make catches the same way.

One handed picks don't really matter though. When you throw it to the defender, in real life they will make the catch. It's just the way it is presented with the one handed catch that is weird, when in reality it would have been a pick in real life as well.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:32 PM   #3
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xs0ng
I'm sure they don't take their time editing how each position intercepts a pass. For example, a CB, FS, SS, LOLB, ROLB, MLB, DE, and DT all make catches the same way.

One handed picks don't really matter though. When you throw it to the defender, in real life they will make the catch. It's just the way it is presented with the one handed catch that is weird, when in reality it would have been a pick in real life as well.
I don't buy that. The one-handed animation is only really used when the ball is almost out of reach. If it was right at the defender, the two-hand animations are used. Which brings us back to the main issue; if the ball is out of reach or nearly out of reach, causing the one-handed interception animation, a real linebacker would not be able to actually intercept the ball. At worst that would just bat it down.

Honestly, this doesn't bother me nearly as much as when the linebackers jump ten feet in the air to intercept a pass though. Of course neither of these would be an issue if the passing mechanics would put any kind of elevation and arc to the ball, which they strangely had in NCAA 06 on PS2.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:35 PM   #4
Rookie

texasfan_95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xs0ng

It could easily be tied into a rating like agility and catching.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #5
Rookie

texasfan_95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Card-me
I don't buy that. The one-handed animation is only really used when the ball is almost out of reach. If it was right at the defender, the two-hand animations are used. Which brings us back to the main issue; if the ball is out of reach or nearly out of reach, causing the one-handed interception animation, a real linebacker would not be able to actually intercept the ball. At worst that would just bat it down.

Honestly, this doesn't bother me nearly as much as when the linebackers jump ten feet in the air to intercept a pass though. Of course neither of these would be an issue if the passing mechanics would put any kind of elevation and arc to the ball, which they strangely had in NCAA 06 on PS2.
My point exactly, I just don't see linebackers out jumping recievers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2010, 02:40 PM   #6
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Whether or not the pass going was going to be intercepted, it still makes me mad when I see that animation coming from a 250lb middle linebacker.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-04-2010, 02:49 PM   #7
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

The one handed interception I have had happen atleast once everytime i fire up the demo. I play more than one game. It occurs mostly when you strafe and jump/catch. The vertical included in the one handed catch is not ratings based I noticed its ridiculously high. I have only seen a backer do that pick around 3-4 times still annoying I dont like seeing my safties do it... so
but yea I dislike the animation

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 07-04-2010, 03:06 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Whether or not the pass going was going to be intercepted, it still makes me mad when I see that animation coming from a 250lb middle linebacker.
Then you have no argument. You are saying you don't care whether or not you threw a bad pass, you just care that it looked unrealistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »