Home

12-team: recruit for style of play offline dynasty (brainstorming)

This is a discussion on 12-team: recruit for style of play offline dynasty (brainstorming) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2010, 06:18 PM   #17
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: 12-team: recruit for style of play offline dynasty (brainstorming)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
Indiana might run the pistol offense, but they certainly do not rely on their QB to run. Chappell is NOT a running QB. Indiana runs the pistol to utilize an effective downhill running game while still operating their passing game out from under center. The pistol isn't necessarily an offense where you have to have a mobile QB.
ok i will goto teambuilder to look up the rosters to see if the teams who use the pistol absolutely need a mobil QB...the logic will be this....there are no slow qbs on GT as the offense will not work with a slow qb...so if indiana has some slow qbs on there roster...ill just assume that it would be nice to have a fast qb running the offense but not a absolute must...and then we will look to get some pocket qbs on the list....

at the end this is about geting the players to make the offense work period...it might be nice to see usc have a pocket qb, but is it a must for their offense to work? prolly not...but i will look into it

here's a list of the team styles
http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/06/18...fensive-styles
Old 07-05-2010, 06:35 PM   #18
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: 12-team: recruit for style of play offline dynasty (brainstorming)

- looking at the roster from teambuilder USC has 4 qbs on the roster (1 scrambler, 3 balanced - slowest QB is Barkley at 75speed)

- not sure how long Indiana has been running pistol but they have 4 qbs on the roster and 2 of them are below 68 speed and 1 is labled a pocket QB...also the starting Sr qb is only 76speed...so im guessing they dont absolutely need a fast QB to make there offense work...

- Nevada has 5 qbs on their squad 2 of which are below 66 speed, however both are classified as balanced qbs

so as it stands it looks like there is the possiblity that i may take nevada, indiana and ohio off of the list...not sure yet tho still looking into it.

- these teams are labled Air Raid: BYU, ECU, Houston, Louisiana Tech, Mid Tenn St., Oklahoma St. and Texas Tech

- these teams are labled Run & Shoot: Hawaii and SMU

so if i replace any teams it will come from the above teams

Edit: looking into the Air Raid and Run&Shoot offense on teambuilder i just cant find any regularity where the teams have to have a certain type of QB or the offense is completely ineffective...however going off of this Blog it seems like the Pistol would be most effective with a mobile qb...
http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blo...gId=PistolBlog
themselves that the pistol offense works at max capacity with a mobile QB and the playbk has a significant amount of plays render completely ineffective with a mobile QB....whereas a pro style offense or air raid team can still operate with any qb, as many of the top Qbs in the game are labled balanced....

what ill have to do when the game drops is look to see if a team like Indiana's playbook has been updated to resemble Nevada, whose formations are labled Pistol....like i said earlier this is not about recruiting for every teams style of play (thats EAs job) this is about trying to help the teams who's offenses would be render ineffective and that team would be unable to compete due to the plays in their playbook without a certain type of qb....to be continued as i do more research

Last edited by TajDeni; 07-05-2010 at 08:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »