Home

Can a player's SPD rating improve over time?

This is a discussion on Can a player's SPD rating improve over time? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2010, 11:03 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Can a player's SPD rating improve over time?

I'm curious to know if speed ratings improve in dynasty.

I.E. If I recruit a freshman running back who is 82 SPD, in 3 years could he possibly get faster (or slower for that matter)? Or does the speed rating stay constant while other ratings change (AWR, AGI, CTH, etc...)

#GoPackGo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2010, 11:05 PM   #2
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Can a player's SPD rating improve over time?

I've had my players speed increase, but it's usually only a point a year at most(at least for me anyway).

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-04-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

This has always been my biggest beef with ALL these games. What is it the ol'Ball Coach said, "you can't teach Speed?" A freshman should have the chance to get a LITTLE faster through superior training and with the right coaching but a player that runs a 4.7 40 in HS shouldn't become a 4.2 guy in 2-3 seasons.

When freshman would go from an 80 to a 99 in a few seasons, thats a problem...at least in my opinion. If they have fixed that...then there is hope.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:15 PM   #4
Rookie

GatorChomp1's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish
This has always been my biggest beef with ALL these games. What is it the ol'Ball Coach said, "you can't teach Speed?" A freshman should have the chance to get a LITTLE faster through superior training and with the right coaching but a player that runs a 4.7 40 in HS shouldn't become a 4.2 guy in 2-3 seasons.

When freshman would go from an 80 to a 99 in a few seasons, thats a problem...at least in my opinion. If they have fixed that...then there is hope.
I've seen players gain a point or two over the course of a career in the game. That's very realisticc. Speed can be increased in real life, but generally not to a large extent.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:23 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

i think it'd be great if they can improve a little bit over their college career.

I'll be keeping tabs on this and checking back in here once I get my hands on the game and can test this out.

#GoPackGo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2010, 11:36 PM   #6
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorChomp1
I've seen players gain a point or two over the course of a career in the game. That's very realisticc. Speed can be increased in real life, but generally not to a large extent.
Yeah, I haven't had any problems with Speed gaining unrealistically. In fact, I've never had a major player gain any speed ratings.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:57 AM   #7
XB1 GT: Cubone Jones

Cubone_Jones's Arena

OVR: 6

Does switching positions still effect a player's speed at all?
Old 07-05-2010, 01:36 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Generally you can expect a little improvement (2 points), I've been lucky enough to have a 91 speed receiver develop into a 96 speed receiver. +2 in one off season one year....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »