Home

An Idaho Franchise is the test of a man's man

This is a discussion on An Idaho Franchise is the test of a man's man within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2010, 01:25 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: An Idaho Franchise is the test of a man's man

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikka
UNLV looks pretty interesting this year. Implement a Pistol or Pro Style offense and run with a 3-3-5 Defense & try to recruit some head bustin' 220+ lbs Safeties.

Decent tradition, uniforms, and stadium.
I was thinking of playing with UNLV too, but since EA is incapable of figuring out 13 game schedules, UNLV's schedule is probably going to be wrong in the first season. I can live with the 1-AA games being taken out for the WAC schools that play 13, but UNLV is playing 13 1-A teams, so unless they figured it out, UNLV's schedule will be wrong in the first season and so will the schedule of whatever team they remove. The general inability to get something like schedules right irritates me too much and that's why I can't be UNLV in the first season. Maybe they fixed it, but I figure they'd advertise it since last year they mentioned in their blogs that the PAC 10 schedules were fixed only to find they were broken for the 5th year in a row or whatever
Old 07-06-2010, 01:26 PM   #18
MattUMD224

OVR:

I think the true challenge is making a Team Builder team and make everything about you program a D accept Academic at C and making every player a Senior on the team and then simulate the season and build up from there.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:01 PM   #19
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Believe me, I've thought about it many times. I like the Kibbie Dome, it amuses me. I always make it a point to play there a couple of times in my dynasties.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 07-06-2010, 02:07 PM   #20
Pro

Balrog's Arena

OVR: 14

No thanks I start out with Notre Dame every year but when i win to much i change to a 3 star prestige or under. But this was before i knew of sliders so this year i have a feeling with the difficulty on the recruiting and the game play it will be really fun.

But last year i started with notre dame and then went to Hawai.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:11 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlyzero
What about Eastern Michigan? Looks like they're the lowest rated team in the game this year and picked 120th in most national rankings.

They are who I'm taking to build up and have a few decent seasons with (maybe even a MAC title) before I take another job offer.
This. We do random selections for our online dynasty (3* or lower), but I'm really hoping I get Eastern.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2010, 02:18 PM   #22
Rookie

greenhead's Arena

OVR: 1

I generally start with Alabama, recruit like crap and turn them into the loser they'd be without cheating (laptops, fishing trips, Dre's mom's car). Then, when I get fired, try to pick up a job with a perennial bottom tier team.

I turned Idaho around into a pretty respectable team in about 3 or 4 recruiting classes last time I played them. Maybe I'll try that this year.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:26 PM   #23
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I might just do that this year. I use another dome team that isn't very good right now ... Syracuse. Grew up just outside the Syracuse area and attended many a game at the Carrier Dome. I can still recall the 95-yard TD pass McNabb thew to Marvin Harrison against WVU. Flew through my PSAT's to get to that game on time

I like running with Colorado St. and Air Force, in addition to my SU and Florida St. dynasties.

That's one of the things I love about the college schedule; with only 12-15 games (depending on league championships and bowls), you can get through multiple seasons pretty quickly and try out a lot of different teams.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 07-06-2010, 02:34 PM   #24
Rookie

sooners1033's Arena

OVR: 2

I would love to do my online dynasty with Idaho but considering there's no conference invites again, I'm not sure what I'm going to do...
Boston Red Sox

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »