Home

no gamestop midnight sell?

This is a discussion on no gamestop midnight sell? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2010, 10:19 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: no gamestop midnight sell?

Gamestop will do midnight releases if they have enough pre-orders to justify doing so. That's their policy across all of their stores, and has been for years.

And while a few of the posters in this thread may be right about NCAA not having the sales numbers, try convincing people of that in places like Columbus, OH. You get lines to pick up NCAA there, just like any other 'major' title.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #34
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I love when someone post in a video game forum telling other people to "get a life". One thing I can say for a lot of people here at OS is that a lot of us have a life. We just happen to love a game and use free time to play the game and post here to help others out. I'm not one for a midnight release party but that is becuase i like to sleep and at midnight I'm in bed. If I could stay up to play the game then I would be there but in my rip old age of 30 I don't have it in me.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:22 PM   #35
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy
I have to disagree with some of you guys here about the mid night releases.IMHO they are just so overrated and dumb . I went to one in eastern wa for MLB 09 the show or some sports and was weirded out by the halo freaks whne that game was there as well. I had to drive 35 miles just to get ther .I love football games just as much as the next guy but really getting the game at midnight?Then I hear people talking about taking days off from work to play game ? That is even more dumb to me.Sure games are entertainment but not LIFE. Lucky I won't have to drive any where to get my copy I having it shipped out Yellowstone next week! I seriously do NOT want to have to driver 2.5 hours just for a game for the nearest town. Any ways I no this sounds like a rant but in all fairness just wait until the next day get a nice full night of sleep have some breakfest and Ihop before 10am then go get the game and play all day or when you can ..... End note lol
Aye man, Im a college student. Who so happens to be playing football. I dont go to bed til about 3am every nite anyways. And its anxiety. I wanna play this game.

1. The game will be out, why not get it.
2.Im not a halo freak who bases his life around a game
3.I love football. Its basically my life.

I feel you on the breakfast part though. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2010, 10:25 PM   #36
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaizeHaze
I've had to wait till 10 am every year for the gs in the mall to open to get mine. This year I'm heading straight to walmart at midnight! I figure why waist 10 hrs!
I say that every year, and every time I call up Walmart they say they don't have it yet even though the ad in the paper last year said "available at midnight." Workers prob just too lazy to look.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:30 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm positive one of the 2 GameStops here where I'm at will do a midnight opening. I've been to the last 3 for NCAA, and a few others for other games. I enjoy going not only to get the game, but because there are usually 50-60 people waiting in line and they all share a love for NCAA Football. It's nice to chat with them about it, game wise and the actual upcoming season.
No Mullet..No Peace!
Mullets for NCAA Football '13
Old 07-07-2010, 10:35 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 14

My gamestop is having one.

Rise to Prominence OD League Member
-Duke Blue Devils

Old 07-07-2010, 10:35 PM   #39
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

I try to get the game early till sunday, then the following monday if I havent gotten Ncaa yet,Ill start callin places and find out who's doing the midnight release
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Old 07-07-2010, 11:04 PM   #40
Rookie

ttech10's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy
I have to disagree with some of you guys here about the mid night releases.IMHO they are just so overrated and dumb . I went to one in eastern wa for MLB 09 the show or some sports and was weirded out by the halo freaks whne that game was there as well. I had to drive 35 miles just to get ther .I love football games just as much as the next guy but really getting the game at midnight?Then I hear people talking about taking days off from work to play game ? That is even more dumb to me.Sure games are entertainment but not LIFE. Lucky I won't have to drive any where to get my copy I having it shipped out Yellowstone next week! I seriously do NOT want to have to driver 2.5 hours just for a game for the nearest town. Any ways I no this sounds like a rant but in all fairness just wait until the next day get a nice full night of sleep have some breakfest and Ihop before 10am then go get the game and play all day or when you can ..... End note lol
You had to drive 35 miles, of course it was bad. I drive 2 minutes, as do most college kids here. Ya if you have to drive far or have work the next morning midnight release is dumb, but for those college kids it's the greatest thing ever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »