Home

NCAA 11 Team Ratings ordered by prestige (spreadsheet I made)

This is a discussion on NCAA 11 Team Ratings ordered by prestige (spreadsheet I made) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2010, 02:14 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: NCAA 11 Team Ratings ordered by prestige (spreadsheet I made)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balrog
Just because Notre Dame has had a few bad years doesn't mean that they are not a 6 star prestige school. It shouldn't fluctuate every single year. A 6 star rating means that teams that over the past 100 years have been successful. Not just within the last 10. I can't say for all of them but for the lower ranking of the 6 prestige schools are the best schools of all time.

The schools are 1-2 in wins and winning percentage in college football. Michigan is 860-282-36 with a .745 winning percentage, while Notre Dame is 821-269-42 with a .744 winning percentage.

Notre Dame has 11 national championships and you guys are telling me that they don't belong with the 6 prestige schools.
If Miami dropped to 5 after there past 5 years, then ND definitely needs to drop down to 5 at the very least. They haven't been very relevant since that last championship.

Of course I don't like ND one bit, but I think 4 or 5 stars fits them better than 6.

― Plato
Old 07-08-2010, 02:15 PM   #18
Banned

1GATORFAN4EVA's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balrog
Just because Notre Dame has had a few bad years doesn't mean that they are not a 6 star prestige school. It shouldn't fluctuate every single year. A 6 star rating means that teams that over the past 100 years have been successful. Not just within the last 10. I can't say for all of them but for the lower ranking of the 6 prestige schools are the best schools of all time.

The schools are 1-2 in wins and winning percentage in college football. Michigan is 860-282-36 with a .745 winning percentage, while Notre Dame is 821-269-42 with a .744 winning percentage.

Notre Dame has 11 national championships and you guys are telling me that they don't belong with the 6 prestige schools.
Dude don't start lol, I hate when people bring up old A$$ championships an such. Football is so different nowadays... They should be 5* an with one really good season they move back up. Because you know what you're gonna say every year they should be a 6* because of past championships. You have to come down to earth at some point
Old 07-08-2010, 03:44 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Prestige = $$$

Texas > Notre Dame > Everyone Else

Prestige has nothing to do with being good, it's all about the fanbase. Notre Dame could never have a winning season again, and as long as Irish Catholics keep having kids, it will stay prestigious.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:02 PM   #20
Rookie

foreverhorn's Arena

I would love for some hard-core fans to sit down with their team and go over the ratings once the names are out to get a more realistic rating. Even if it's biased a little, it would be better than this...I would volunteer to do Texas and be as un-biased as possible. I would shoot for our defense to be around the 95-96 area and our offense around the 90-91 area.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:31 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Teams like Michigan and Notre Dame have been mediocre the past few years but are still 6-star? I kind of see that because of all the tradition, but I remember when Bama dropped to a 5-star prestige when they were stumbling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2010, 04:56 PM   #22
Rookie

foreverhorn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy778
Teams like Michigan and Notre Dame have been mediocre the past few years but are still 6-star? I kind of see that because of all the tradition, but I remember when Bama dropped to a 5-star prestige when they were stumbling.
I agree...USC with the sanctions should be moved to 5 star along with ND and Michigan.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #23
six
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy778
I agree. And if you are going to keep it on history, fine, BUT be consistent...see Miami, 5 national titles in the past 26 years, pretty impressive, but they fall to 5 stars. And your bama example was a good one as well.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:11 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by six
I agree. And if you are going to keep it on history, fine, BUT be consistent...see Miami, 5 national titles in the past 26 years, pretty impressive, but they fall to 5 stars. And your bama example was a good one as well.
I like to say 5 Titles in 19 years I think it is. Sounds much better... Maybe we'll get 5 more this new decade.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »