Home

Dynamic Weight Gains/Physical Progression

This is a discussion on Dynamic Weight Gains/Physical Progression within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2010, 08:21 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Dynamic Weight Gains/Physical Progression

I'm fairly certain this has been in the game for some time. Not to the degree which it should be, but players do gain weight through the years in the game.

In NCAA 09 I had a 320 pound freshman guard weigh a hair under 400 by the time he graduated.

What I don't see is the 215 pound DEs and 250 pound DTs that appear in the game bulking up 40+ pounds like they should be.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:33 AM   #10
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I posted in a thread about 3-4 logic about the same thing. Weight gain has been in since 09 that I know of but only a few pounds. I was hammered by a few people for wanting this added to the game. Weight means nothing in the game but it should and for the gamers who like a more sim style play this is an issue. I can run a 3-4 base with 250lb DE's and sub 300lb DT's and fast undersized LB's and kill teams. This is not like real life and what we see on the field. I think the progression system needs to be broke down and built all over. When a 6'4" 250lb OL as a freshmen steps on campus they are put on a weight program and they bulk up. That guys does not leave school 4-5 years later still weighing 250lbs he is up to or around 300lbs.
True progression in the game should include weight gain because if a player is getting better he is working in the weight room. Trust me I'm a high school coach and have had some players go to small no name schools. They leave skinny high school kids and return bulked up, MMA fighter looking men because they are put on a weight program. If a player improves then they should be gaining weight. Now some positions don't need huge weight gains but OL, DL, and LB's do bad since weight and size play a part of a players success. EA has tried to get around this by just making most the recruits weigh what they should. There is not tons of 300lbs OL coming out of high school. The ones that do play right away but most get red shrited and hit the weights. Hope 11 has some change but not holding my breath.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:38 AM   #11
Rookie

thehogue2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUF4N
Is this in the game? For example can a MLB come into the game as a 230 pound freshman and gain weight as the years go by and finish his career at 245-250?
That would be nice. Even better if they had full spring training but then they would have to cut something out.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »