Home

How to set up film room type game planning/scouting???

This is a discussion on How to set up film room type game planning/scouting??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2010, 02:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
How to set up film room type game planning/scouting???

Ok now this may be a little off the wall... but given one of the main new features of this year's game is "120" ways to win and each team playing more like their real life counter parts I figured that it would be prudent that I try to figure out a way to make a mock type film room session for my opponent before each week....

I want to be able to watch my next weeks opponent play their games so that i can get an idea of the types of packages and offensive and defensive game plan they run... I think this would be useful for those of us who are not familiar with all the teams in the NCAA or who are trying out a new conference and facing opponents they never cared to observe before...

So here is my plan...

I will either:

1. have 2 dynasties running at once... both for the same user controlled team. But one dynasty i will only watch cpu vs cpu games of my team playing whomever.. and create a scouting notebook from that game... so that i may use it in my other dynasty where i would control my team vs the same cpu opponent each week.

or

2. I will just have one dynasty and before simulating out the remainder of my current week... i will see who i will play next and watch their game against whatever team they are playing in the current week... again compiling data that i may use for my game with said team the following week.

what do you guys think of this??? or better yet... anyone else done this before and have some thoughts on a proven way of doing this?

thanks.

NBA- Lakers
NFL- Cowboys
MLB- Yankees/Mariners
NCAA- Texas Longhorns

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2010, 02:35 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How to set up film room type game planning/scouting???

I would go with 2, its more realistic becuase you are watching film on common opponents, whereas if you watch "yourself" its not like in real life ya play the game, than come back and play for real...
Old 07-09-2010, 02:36 AM   #3
MattUMD224

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by briand23
Ok now this may be a little off the wall... but given one of the main new features of this year's game is "120" ways to win and each team playing more like their real life counter parts I figured that it would be prudent that I try to figure out a way to make a mock type film room session for my opponent before each week....

I want to be able to watch my next weeks opponent play their games so that i can get an idea of the types of packages and offensive and defensive game plan they run... I think this would be useful for those of us who are not familiar with all the teams in the NCAA or who are trying out a new conference and facing opponents they never cared to observe before...

So here is my plan...

I will either:

1. have 2 dynasties running at once... both for the same user controlled team. But one dynasty i will only watch cpu vs cpu games of my team playing whomever.. and create a scouting notebook from that game... so that i may use it in my other dynasty where i would control my team vs the same cpu opponent each week.

or

2. I will just have one dynasty and before simulating out the remainder of my current week... i will see who i will play next and watch their game against whatever team they are playing in the current week... again compiling data that i may use for my game with said team the following week.

what do you guys think of this??? or better yet... anyone else done this before and have some thoughts on a proven way of doing this?

thanks.
2 is the best and only decision. You cant run 2 dynasties due to possible injuries and what not that will affect the outcome of the simulated season.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:32 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

That is very time consuming, but hats off to you for wanting to be as real to life as possible. If I even feel like scouting, I'll look at the team's previous performance, pass attempts, rush attempts, etc...

Old 07-09-2010, 05:26 AM   #5
sk
God's Son.

sk's Arena

OVR: 3

Will this really work? Like, does each team have certain tendencies in certain situations and stuff???? If so, that's awesome!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2010, 05:28 AM   #6
Bearer of the curse

Pokes's Arena

OVR: 19

Couldn't you just run a cpu-cpu exhibition?

NCAA: Oklahoma State Cowboys - Michigan Wolverines
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: Houston Rockets
MLB: Houston Astros
PSN: Kaiserwilson
Old 07-09-2010, 06:55 AM   #7
Rookie

ttech10's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisxsong
Will this really work? Like, does each team have certain tendencies in certain situations and stuff???? If so, that's awesome!
While there is more variety in how teams play, I don't think it's going to be as huge as they advertise. Still though, getting more info about your opponent can't hurt.

I would go with watching the opponents game the week before (you play them Week 6 you watch them Week 5), your #2 choice. This way you can see what they actually look like unlike if you had two separate Dynasties where injuries and recruited players can change a lot. Personally though I'd just check after game stats and then maybe their Depth Chart to see how they stack up against your guys in terms of speed, strength, etc.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:14 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttech10
While there is more variety in how teams play, I don't think it's going to be as huge as they advertise. Still though, getting more info about your opponent can't hurt.

I would go with watching the opponents game the week before (you play them Week 6 you watch them Week 5), your #2 choice. This way you can see what they actually look like unlike if you had two separate Dynasties where injuries and recruited players can change a lot. Personally though I'd just check after game stats and then maybe their Depth Chart to see how they stack up against your guys in terms of speed, strength, etc.

Yeah I think I am leaning towards #2 as well... as far as just looking and team's stats and rosters.... I think i would be studying film more for understanding the opponents play style, offensive and defensive packages vs scouting highly touted players....

I have a good understanding of who are the better players are in the NCAA but how the team utilizes them is what would give me the real edge on beating that team or not. imo.

thanks for all the responses btw.

NBA- Lakers
NFL- Cowboys
MLB- Yankees/Mariners
NCAA- Texas Longhorns

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »