Home

Michigan/Nebraska game footage

This is a discussion on Michigan/Nebraska game footage within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Michigan/Nebraska game footage

Someone put up the entire game on Youtube. Nice long run inside the tackles for a TD at about the 5:30 mark of the 1st quarter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXpao99CJoc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu3mTBE5EgY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I10byAUJoqs

Last edited by i3man; 07-10-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2010, 04:16 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Michigan/Nebraska game footage

That playbook doesn't seem to accurately portray what Michigan runs at all. The only under center formation Michigan even ran from last year was the i-formation on occasion, but I see multiple under center formations in that video . And yes I realize the user was the one selecting those under center formations over and over, but still there should not be that many in Michigan's playbook. I know Michigan's been down the last two years, but I at least expected them to get some attention given the history and size of fan base in terms of their playbook.

Maybe it's just the video quality, but something about the colors of Michigan's uniforms seems off as well. The blue looks off to me. Of course it could be due to the person's tv settings as well.

Edit: The guy in the video was not using Michigan's playbook, disregard the first part of my post everybody.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 07-10-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:29 PM   #3
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Is it me or is game speed turned way up in these videos?

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-10-2010, 04:37 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
That playbook doesn't seem to accurately portray what Michigan runs at all. The only under center formation Michigan even ran from last year was the i-formation on occasion, but I see multiple under center formations in that video . And yes I realize the user was the one selecting those under center formations over and over, but still there should not be that many in Michigan's playbook. I know Michigan's been down the last two years, but I at least expected them to get some attention given the history and size of fan base in terms of their playbook.

Maybe it's just the video quality, but something about the colors of Michigan's uniforms seems off as well. The blue looks off to me. Of course it could be due to the person's tv settings as well.
thegamingtailgate has a Michigan/aOSU full game on youtube using Michigan's playbook. There are only 3 I-forms and 2 aces in the pb. The rest look to be SG (as should be the case). The Michigan user doesn't play them even remotely close to Michigan's style, but I'm just pointing out the formations in the pb.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 07-10-2010, 04:46 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm looking at the vids in this thread and that's definitely not Michigan's pb. There's a bunch of ace formations in it. The one on thegamingtailgate was some formations with "wolverine" in the name so I know that's the real Michigan pb (with the 3 Is and 2 aces).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2010, 04:53 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I'm looking at the vids in this thread and that's definitely not Michigan's pb. There's a bunch of ace formations in it. The one on thegamingtailgate was some formations with "wolverine" in the name so I know that's the real Michigan pb (with the 3 Is and 2 aces).
That's what I figured. Considering he wasn't even trying to run anything remotely similar to their offense.

Apologies to EA, I jumped the gun on that one.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 07-10-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:55 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

I'm not sure this speaks to how crazy I am about college football, or just how good this year's game is, but I watched all three vids intently. Outside one lame run on 3rd down where the Nebraska running back (CPU) should have gotten up field for the first down, I didn't see a many logic flaws.

Only moment I really cringed was when they had Nebraska players on Michigan's sidelines high-fiving each other during a cut scene. That sort of thing seems to happen at least once per game. But overall, this video was great.

Around the 2:00 minute mark, you see a replay on Nebraska's receiver getting open where he makes a great head fake before dipping into a crossing route. It was beautiful to see that nuance. All of the passes and catch animations looked much more natural than in years past.

The defensive back animations are still a bit herky jerky at times, but that first Nebraska interception by the linebacker was fantastic. He undercut the post corner route and made the interception fluidly.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:00 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

I thought the CPU playcalling was questionable in the 4th when Nebraska got the ball back with about 3 minutes left and a chance to tie the game w/ a TD and 2-pt conversion. It's like they made no attempt to win the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »