Home

custom conference rivals?

This is a discussion on custom conference rivals? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2010, 01:05 AM   #1
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14
custom conference rivals?

I was looking into using custom conference this year. I was wondering do non conference rivalries continue to get scheduled? Example if I were to move FSU to the Big East would they annual rivalry with Florida still go on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2010, 01:15 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: custom conference rivals?

From my understanding, it is not the teams that have a predetermined schedule but rather their spot they start out normally.

For example, if Hawaii and Florida swapped conferences, Hawaii would assume Florida's schedule (FSU every year, et al) while Florida would take on Hawaii's schedule.

It would be nice to retain schedules, but I'm sure that is a coding issue.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:15 AM   #3
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Thats a good question but if you are controlling FSU you can adjust their schedule every year during offseason.

Now if your not controlling them I do not know. Sorry.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 07-11-2010, 09:44 AM   #4
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

I would not be coontrolling FSU. Thanks for the input, I wonder when they are going to re-write the code to dynasty like they are doing for franchise in Madden. I love NCAA it just seems like past code is really starting to handcuff the dev team.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #5
Rookie

SHSMoss30's Arena

OVR: 3

I was wondering this also. I created custom conferences last night based on geographic location. Some big rivals like Texas and Oklahoma got divided. I'm starting out as defensive coordinator at Army and didn't think to look and see if teams like Oklahoma and Texas will continue to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Smash
From my understanding, it is not the teams that have a predetermined schedule but rather their spot they start out normally.

For example, if Hawaii and Florida swapped conferences, Hawaii would assume Florida's schedule (FSU every year, et al) while Florida would take on Hawaii's schedule.

It would be nice to retain schedules, but I'm sure that is a coding issue.
That's not how it works. It used to be like that when you could only swap teams but since we have been able to move teams around without swapping, the game actually makes a reasonable effort of scheduling rivals as OOC games when a team is moved to a new conference.

For example, moving ND to the B1G, the game would schedule USC, Stanford and Navy as my OOC games (my setup had 9 conference games so only 3 OOC games).
Old 08-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #7
Rookie

SHSMoss30's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
That's not how it works. It used to be like that when you could only swap teams but since we have been able to move teams around without swapping, the game actually makes a reasonable effort of scheduling rivals as OOC games when a team is moved to a new conference.

For example, moving ND to the B1G, the game would schedule USC, Stanford and Navy as my OOC games (my setup had 9 conference games so only 3 OOC games).
Thanks. Hopefully this is the case with the dynasty I started last night. I'll check when I get home this afternoon and see for sure. Even though I'm not playing with those teams it would be nice to see them continue to play their bigger rivalry games.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

theres an option when you set up the conferences that cover your question.

"protect rivalry games" if you keep it on, the teams will still continue to schedule their rivals as out of conference games each year no matter where you swap them to

if you turn that off, they will play their new conference but schedule random out of conference games

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »