Home

Is there any codes that are in only new game purchases?

This is a discussion on Is there any codes that are in only new game purchases? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #25
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Is there any codes that are in only new game purchases?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWO35
This is completely unfair for Xbox 360 users, I mean you already need to buy a Xbox Live Card to access Online multiplayer....now you need an online pass code to play as well? EA Sports should be lucky we even got the game to begin with, in my opinion its just another way to take money from the consumer.
EA is not the only one doing it though. THQ is doing it as well. I wouldn't be surprised if more companies/games do this in the future.

if you buy the game new, you have don't have to pay extra. part of the reason is likely piracy, and I guess the other is the companies trying to get something from used game sales.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #26
Rookie

GatorChomp1's Arena

OVR: 3

It's smart business on their part.

Doesn't really matter to me, I buy it new.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:37 PM   #27
Rookie

Damn shame. Happened to me with Madden Last year. I was tight
Old 07-11-2010, 09:46 PM   #28
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammer
True, but it still costs them money to keep those servers running and since they didn't get any money from you I guess they feel you aren't entitled to FREE use of their servers. So you have to pay them a fee. It's how businesses are run. Many times a used car will still have warranty left on it and the new owner has to pay to have the warranty transferred into his name. Kinda the same thing.

I don't have a problem with it and almost always buy my games new.
Why not? The guy who bought the game new already paid to have that disk play on EAs servers. And comparing anything to the used car business should just scream how shady it is.

Sidenote: I haven't been into a Gamestop in ages. Have the prices of EA games fallen to compensate for this lack of feature, or is Gamestop hoping you won't figure it out until you pay five bucks less for the used copy than you would a new one?
Old 07-11-2010, 09:51 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaptownMVP
Sidenote: I haven't been into a Gamestop in ages. Have the prices of EA games fallen to compensate for this lack of feature, or is Gamestop hoping you won't figure it out until you pay five bucks less for the used copy than you would a new one?
I haven't noticed any change in pricing.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:30 PM   #30
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

I didn't even think about the whole piracy angle that this takes. I for one think it's fantastic and I hope games like Call of Duty and Halo adopt this to keep little twerps from modding their Xbox and playing ripped games they got off of piratebay.

It's literally a serial key code for xbox games. (let's face it, 99% of the reasons someone d'loads a game like Halo and Call of Duty illegally is to play it online).

I'm veering off topic, but you catch my drift.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:33 PM   #31
Rookie

GatorChomp1's Arena

I think Gamestop is just offering less $$$ when trading it in. That's what they're doing to account for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »