Home

Heisman or all american?

This is a discussion on Heisman or all american? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2010, 12:23 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Heisman or all american?

maybe im just missing something here but why do the majority of people on here seem to play on all american? I would think that all american would be pretty easy for most of you as i'm sure most of you are pretty freaking good at this game. I play on heisman and in my od i usually go 14-0 with a not so good team. I just want more realistic stats and games but i figure if i can win on heisman that all american would be a joke...thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 12:31 AM   #2
Rookie

kennethxD's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Heisman or all american?

NCAA 10 was too easy with default sliders.

Most of us here use sliders that work with All-American difficulty.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:33 AM   #3
Rookie

GatorChomp1's Arena

I do AA because...well I'm not that great on the sticks. I can build a strategy and mess with my opponents head, but when it comes to making crazy play with my thumbs I'm just a little above average. Plus AA doesn't have the "miracle plays" as I call them by the computer. I don't have fun with a game when it starts to frustrate me.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:34 AM   #4
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

Adjusted sliders on lower levels bring more realistic numbers and more realistic games the Heisman or Heisman with adjusted sliders. I think the reason why is because the developers create the game to flow more like a real game on Varsity. Heisman is just suppose to be challenging, not realistic.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:34 AM   #5
Rookie

KentuckyJared20's Arena

Personally, I can't stand the little cheats that have been programmed into Heisman it seems like that always happen to me. For instance, in one of my dynasties last year in each of the first 5 seasons I didn't throw less than 20 INTs each year. Now, I admit that half of those were probably because of bad choices on my part, but the other half were BS. It would be a LB jumping insanely high in the air, or an DL one hand grabbing a pass while he was being blocked. It could even be a LB/DB grabbing a ball while at the 10 yard line that was intended for a guy a couple yards in the end zone. Don't even get me started on when the CPU would have burst of speed to catch up to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 12:35 AM   #6
Rookie

mjwickstrom1's Arena

OVR: 1

I will be using All American difficulty. It isn't perfect, but compared to Heisman difficulty it is very realistic. I tend to get frustrated very easily on Heisman, because it seems like the game is rigged against you at times.

I will be using sliders as well when they become available. I'm not too good at constructing them.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:36 AM   #7
Pro

blakty's Arena

OVR: 6

Heisman functions to give you the greatest challenge possible. That means the A.I. for both your players and the other team will do whatever it can to stack the game against you. Usually this comes at the expense of realism, Defensive lineman always jump the snap, linebackers & secondary will springload jump to intercept passes, morphing/speedbursting into positions to make plays, etc.

All-American w/ sliders will give you the best football experience the game itself can offer.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:37 AM   #8
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

I'm not all that great at the game and I'll probably be sticking with AA. I usually use sliders to make things a little more challenging while keeping the realism.
I just don't have fun on Heisman either, feels cheap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »