Home

Any word on 1st day patch?

This is a discussion on Any word on 1st day patch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Any word on 1st day patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
You would consider one bug that's hard to replicate a gamebreaker?

So when I get stuck on geometry in Transformers, that's a gamebreaker?

wow.

According to some people that have experienced it happens on a certain play action play every single time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #26
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
So ODogg according to your logic, if the glitch happened in a bowl game and it was 4th and goal inside the 10 yard line. You need a TD to win the the bowl game. You snap the ball, play action..but wait...the QB is running backwards because of the glitch. Your team just lost the bowl game.

Thats not gamebreaking because of a glitch? What do you call it then? Simply a bug?

Mind = blown

He said you can break out of the glitch by hitting A button...
Then I assume he can still pass etc...

If that's the case then while annoying it isn't a gamebreaker. And even if the A button wouldn't work unless it happens once a game or something I still wouldn't consider it a game breaker.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-12-2010, 10:16 AM   #27
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
According to some people that have experienced it happens on a certain play action play every single time.

If it happens to a certain PA play, that's pretty easy to avoid. Now, if it happened on EVERY PA play in the game, that, my friend, is a gamebreaker.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

It doesn't happen on all play actions, just a few and it's usually the ones involving some sort of a trick play type PA.

joejccva71 - I'd consider that what it is, an unfortunate bug cropping up at a bad time. The word "Gamebreaker" implies you can't play the game and that's not the case with this bug.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:19 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Skyboxer - yeah you can break out of it any time by hitting A and then you can pass like normal. The only thing is it will usually take you a second to realize what's going on and by then you're 15 yards back from the LOS and have a guy in your face so you usually just have to pass the ball out of bounds.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:19 AM   #30
16 Time World Champion

Nature_Boy's Arena

OVR: 30

I've had it happen to me a few times. It's not a gamebreaker by any means.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:19 AM   #31
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

I think that this is subjective to some degree, after all it's a really lose definition. I remember last year i had an Oregon state dynasty, I was playing a great game vs Toledo, who i had expected to steam roll, but i was up less than a field goal about a minute left, So i'm chipping away on the ground trying to run out the clock, but then a fumble happens, their MLB picks the ball up and outruns my fastest wide reviver for about 70 yards! He had around low 80 speed, vs my mid 90's speed receiver, and when the fumble happened they were within 5 yards of each other, not only that he gained distance on my WR. This completely killed what had been a great game, and because this kind of thing could've happened at any time, it's a gamebreaker to me. Same for the hand off glitch, it's all about when and where it happens. If it can ruin a season in one snap, it's a gamebreaker.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Oh it's completely subjective really. Like I said, I consider a gamebreaker something that renders the game unplayable, not one that renders a negative result you simply dislike. Almost all bugs are going to render negative results you don't like. I remember that NHL2K5 had a bug where the game would freeze with 1 second left in the 3rd period. That was a gamebreaker because the game was unplayable. This is not a case of a gamebreaker by any means, simply a bug that needs patched ASAP.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »