Home

On the field

This is a discussion on On the field within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15
On the field

Jus from a simple gameplay perspective, not speaking on dynasty, features or anything outside of gameplay. Is the retail version on field gameplay better than the demo?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 04:35 PM   #2
Rookie

Wenkinator's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: On the field

It definitely is...
Old 07-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #3
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenkinator
It definitely is...
Thanks man
Old 07-12-2010, 06:12 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 6

I think we're going to have to play to decide for ourselves.

I am always a bit weary of impressions because they go the same way each year.

Game out the first day and first week or so : greatest game ever!

2 weeks later : ppl start complaining about flaws, bugs, etc...

3mo later : not many are playing it, all are playing madden or the next big thing.

Then another year passes, we get the preview hype, the same people who praised the previous game in the first few weeks say how the last version sucked (how soon they forget) and that the new version (demo) is so much better and revolutionary.

I am sure it's like that everywhere for every game the way the industry works.

So I'll have to rent and decide for myself if it is worth it.

I was the small % that liked last years game so not sure how revamping the whole series will work with me, but I'll try it.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:15 PM   #5
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

I enjoyed last year's game a lot when if first came out... But then Madden came along and I got used to the slower game speed (and liked it a LOT more).. Then when I tried to go back to NCAA it just felt like complete chaos with everyone flying around... So this year I'm sure I will enjoy NCAA even more than last year simply for the fact there is a game speed option...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 06:27 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
I enjoyed last year's game a lot when if first came out... But then Madden came along and I got used to the slower game speed (and liked it a LOT more).. Then when I tried to go back to NCAA it just felt like complete chaos with everyone flying around... So this year I'm sure I will enjoy NCAA even more than last year simply for the fact there is a game speed option...

Ya that's what happened to me last year. I loved NCAA10 when it came out and played it non stop. I enjoyed the create school option on the net too.

Then I got madden and really liked it. First Madden I liked in a long time. Then tried to go back to ncaa and it played way too fast.

Maybe same thing will happen this year before madden comes out.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:34 PM   #7
Banned

DOSMedia4SC's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
It will be nice having a game speed option, but if the online game speed is set on the same default as madden was last year, then I dont think ill be playing online.
The nice things about the games is that they are different and some people bought and liked madden for that game speed reason, while others (like myself) sold Madden after playing it for two days.

Madden last year literally almost put me to sleep after playing a couple of games.

Thats the one thing Im really hoping. The game speed at all american i think is perfect.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:50 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
I think we're going to have to play to decide for ourselves.

I am always a bit weary of impressions because they go the same way each year.

Game out the first day and first week or so : greatest game ever!

2 weeks later : ppl start complaining about flaws, bugs, etc...

3mo later : not many are playing it, all are playing madden or the next big thing.

Then another year passes, we get the preview hype, the same people who praised the previous game in the first few weeks say how the last version sucked (how soon they forget) and that the new version (demo) is so much better and revolutionary.

I am sure it's like that everywhere for every game the way the industry works.

So I'll have to rent and decide for myself if it is worth it.

I was the small % that liked last years game so not sure how revamping the whole series will work with me, but I'll try it.
Last year was a lot different. NCAA 10 got a lot of hate on this site when it came out. This year is completely opposite of last year, but I am still going to have to see for myself.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »