Home

Did you know....

This is a discussion on Did you know.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #9
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Did you know....

i dont think this is true. When I was at OU, the football players were waiting in line for NCAA just like all the rest of us. I'm talking Mark Clayton, Brodney Pool, etc. Those guys are about as D-1 as it gets.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:01 PM   #10
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
i dont think this is true. When I was at OU, the football players were waiting in line for NCAA just like all the rest of us. I'm talking Mark Clayton, Brodney Pool, etc. Those guys are about as D-1 as it gets.
No kidding. I saw Adrian Peterson at the Gamestop on 12th between Robinson and Main when I was in college. He waited in the car while one of his friends went in an got the game for him at midnight. There were a lot of players waiting in line.

I also have a friend that currently tutors OU players. Non of them are getting the game two weeks early.

This is completely untrue.

As for the players I saw at Gamestop, the first thing they do (besides cut in line), is goto the display game and check everyone's speed.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder

Last edited by BigDofBA; 07-12-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:09 PM   #11
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
No kidding. I saw Adrian Peterson at the Gamestop on 12th between Robinson and Alameda when I was in college. He waited in the car while one of his friends went in an got the game for him at midnight. There were a lot of players waiting in line.

I also have a friend that currently tutors OU players. Non of them are getting the game two weeks early.

This is completely untrue.

As for the players I saw at Gamestop, the first thing they do (besides cut in line), is goto the display game and check everyone's speed.
haha...yeah they did all try to cut in line. But i dont blame them. When NCAA 05 came out, the hype around it was HUGE, mainly due to NCAA 2004 being so awesome.

You guys have another Gamestop now in Norman? You lucky devils. Sooner Mall was the only option when I was there. Thats why the line for the game was like 2 hours long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 07:13 PM   #12
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
haha...yeah they did all try to cut in line. But i dont blame them. When NCAA 05 came out, the hype around it was HUGE, mainly due to NCAA 2004 being so awesome.

You guys have another Gamestop now in Norman? You lucky devils. Sooner Mall was the only option when I was there. Thats why the line for the game was like 2 hours long.
I don't live in Norman anymore but they built a Gamestop on 12th over by that Wal-Mart.

Anyway, players do not get the game early. I'm not sure why anyone would start a rumor like this.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 07-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #13
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah totally false, because that essentially would be considered a bribe and would violate ncaa rules.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:29 PM   #14
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

if that's the case, ea owes me a copy of ncaa 2001 (spent a year as a D1 walk-on). but yea gms, ea can't legally do that.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:38 PM   #15
Rookie

teammaxwell's Arena

OVR: 10

lived with a trainer on the clemson team

they did not receive a free game... we would go wait in line at gamestop ... even saw football players standing in line like everyone else.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 08:49 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yeah totally false, because that essentially would be considered a bribe and would violate ncaa rules.
^^^^^^^^^^^^this
43 Conference Championships
3 Heisman Winners
106 All-Americans
on going NCAA Record 304 Consecutive Sellouts
There is No Place Like Nebraska

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »