Home

TOO MANY NO-HUDDLES

This is a discussion on TOO MANY NO-HUDDLES within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2010, 06:22 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: TOO MANY NO-HUDDLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
In the college game, depending on the tempo and the number of run/pass plays, etc, games usually run between 120 and 150 plays. The Rutgers/Duke total of 137 is completely normal, unless the teams ran the ball 80% of the time. Then it would be too high.
No, my Rutgers/Duke game for only 3 quarters. I still had another quarter to go. It would have put that game around 170 to 180 plays at 10 min quarters in total.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:25 PM   #34
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
Go do a comparison again canes. The average is 120 ranging between 115-130 plays for BOTH NFL and College. Check ESPN and look at 10 games last year in College.

Claystone, I'm like you..not sure if you remember me from the Madden forums but I am a huge CPU v CPU player as well.

I don't have the game yet, but try 8 min quarters and see if you get 120ish plays including sacks.
Hey Joe, yes i remember you.

Yeah, i'm a cpu vs cpu kind of player. I like to get my game as true to form. I really hate this no-huddle system.

It's funny that they have Rutgers as a "PRO" system in the game, but yet they are running no-huddle.

Does anyone know what teams doesn't run the no-huddle system? That's the team i want for my franchise.

Thanks
Old 07-13-2010, 06:28 PM   #35
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
No, my Rutgers/Duke game for only 3 quarters. I still had another quarter to go. It would have put that game around 170 to 180 plays at 10 min quarters in total.
10 min quarters are too long. NCAA, without accelerated clock, has usually needed 7-9 min quarters to get a realistic number of plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2010, 06:51 PM   #36
Banned

I'm running a game test with Maryland against Colorado. They are both a "PRO" system, and so far they haven't use the "No-Huddle" system as of yet.

I'm playing with 8 min. quarters. I'll post my results on play count and stats. This game, IMO, is so much better when teams aren't running the no-huddle. I feel like i'm watching a real game.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:06 PM   #37
Banned

Well the first quarter is over and both teams combined had 31 plays total, which is right on track with 120 plays.

Maryland: 3 - Colorado: 7
Old 07-13-2010, 08:25 PM   #38
Banned

Maryland: 24 - Colorado: 37

Colorado Passing:

QB #9: 20 FOR 32 / 381yds / 3 TD / 2 INT / 62% Comp

Maryland Passing:
QB #11: 18 FOR 37 / 265yds / 1 TD / 1 INT / 48% Comp
QB #18: 0 FOR 2 / 0yds / 0 TD / 0 INT / 0% Comp
__________________________________________________ ____________
Colorado Rushing:
HB #5: 23 Carries for 68yds / 1 TD / 2.9 Avg.
HB #28: 2 Carries for 9yds / 0 TD / 4.5 Avg.

Maryland Rushing:
HB #23: 25 Carries for 108yds / 1 TD / 4.3 Avg.
HB #8: 4 Carries for 13yds / 1 TD / 3.2 Avg.
__________________________________________________ ____________
Colorado Defense:
Sacks: 3
INT: 1

Maryland Defense:
Sacks: 2
INT: 2

On 8 min quarters, i had a total of 125 plays. Now keep in mind i used 2 teams of "Pro" style. Not one no-huddle play until the last 2 minutes of the game. 8 min seem to work for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »