Home

Gamestop : Buy without Preorder

This is a discussion on Gamestop : Buy without Preorder within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2010, 11:23 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Gamestop : Buy without Preorder

I got mine from Gamestop.com with free overnight shipping today. It came at 10:30am too so it was great. But I went to Best Buy today at about 4pm for something else and they had like 30-40 copies just sitting there waiting to be bought!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 12:23 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike23EA
I just go to walmart...every single time they give that speech! The last time i heard it i said "Never mind i changed my mind walmart has it without the lecture."
This. I don't get why people buy from gamestop unless it's a lot closer. Just go to Wal Mart, and don't waste money on a preorder.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:46 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincypuma
just pre order the game if you know youre going to get it anyways and you wont have to worry about it...depending on where you are the gamestops may have only gotten enough copies to fulfill their pre orders...thats why you pre order so you dont have to worry about running all over town trying to find one
That's true, but if you aren't forced to buy at gamestop you will usually find the game at other stores and get bonuses like gift cards with the game. Now I just order on amazon anyways you can get release date shipping and get immediate gift cards off future games, best buy still makes you wait 30 days to get your points
Old 07-14-2010, 10:02 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

The main reason I go to Gamestop are for the preorder bonuses. Which means I almost never go there for sports games since they usually don't do much for them. Other than that I order almost everything through Amazon. On occasion I use Best Buy but most of my games are now through Amazon with Amazon Prime meaning I'm sure to get it on release day and usually the price is the cheapest.

The primary reason I don't like Walmart is the fact that their employees don't seem to know anything whatsoever about videogames. I have this nightmare I'll order NCAA 11 there and go there and get NCAA 09. Or something like that, LOL.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:13 AM   #29
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

I live by two Gamestops that are about half a mile from each other, and they never sell out of anything. I used to go there because it's closer to my home than Wal-Mart was at the time, but I haven't stepped foot in one for years.

I never had a problem with them until they said something about being lucky for getting a game without a preorder. I basically told them that they would be lucky if they ever saw me in their store again. Successes of Capitalism and the free market in effect.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:18 AM   #30
Rookie

demon19000's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah ODogg, I know what you mean. I always open the case once, then double check like "wait, that was the NCAA 11 disc right?" It wasn't NCAA but something like that actually happened to me before. I went to rent Rainbow Six Vegas 2 at blockbuster, when I got home, Rainbow Six Vegas 1 was in the case.

Anyways, yeah I still go to Gamestop, and when they give me the "you should preorder this" stuff I just be a huge ***** sayin "this isn't THAT good."
!
--------------------------------------
PSN: demon19000
Old 07-14-2010, 10:37 AM   #31
Rookie

MattRobinson17's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylife2010
does Gamestop let me buy it without Preorder today ?
I did it yesterday and they had plenty of copies...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »