Home

NCAA Football 11 IMPRESSIONS ONLY

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 IMPRESSIONS ONLY within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2011, 03:50 PM   #689
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NCAA Football 11 IMPRESSIONS ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I picked this game up again over the weekend with some extra Christmas cash I had. The New Years' bowl games just got me fiending hard for some college football so I had pull the trigger. Hadn't played this game since late September when I switched from PS3 to 360 but man I probably should have repurchased it on 360 when I made the switch.

The game is just fun as hell to play and on the field it is really damn good. The usual annoying EA issues are still there (super athletic defenders, etc) but they hardly overshadow all of the good things done here. And man, this game is insane visually. I had been playing Madden at my boy's place lately and APF 2K8 on my 360 and they are gross visually compared to NCAA 11.

Already five games into my PSU dynasty and having a blast.
Since you've played both versions, do you recommend the 360 over the PS3 one? I've had the PS3 one since it's release and something seems missing from that version for me and I just can't get into it. I've played the demo on the 360 and it seems like it plays better & smoother for whatever reason. I've been considering picking the 360 one and seeing if I can get back into college football mode with it before baseball season gets here. Also, what sliders are you using? Thanks.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:11 PM   #690
Banned

OVR: 0

VERTERN OPINION..aka "do this stuff"

First this is the VERY BEST ncaa since 06 on xboxV1 an with that said.

offline dynasty
1.needs to be more indepth like 06 it is EXACTLY the same as last years which is sad.
2.(senior bowl please, players grow/gain weight due to facilities, players get in trouble n suspended 06, system recruits por, spread, option.,
3. ABILITY TO GAIN RIVALS (why this is not hear and u can switch conferences is beside me), dreads,
4. OFFENSE coord and Def coord only to promote play styles, training results, in season progression ( also to random and not enough of it)

CAMPUS LEGEND
1. THE WHOle thing
2. HS all-american game, position drills to determine stats 06 VERSION dont know why that was taken out, more to do during season (drills not jus practice)
3. transfer ability, personality, better cpu playcalling or user, if your DEF CAPTAIN AUDIBLES an playcalling, Camera view,
4. animation for heisman N other awards ( 06 version player walked up and accepted now "BILLBOARD" congrats you win press A to advance, horrible

ONLINE DYN
1A. NOW 4 GAMES INTO NEX GEN ABILITY TO WATCH USER'S GAMES!!MUST HAVE IF NOT NO 60 DOLLARS FOR YOU!!
1. VERY ENJOYABLE WITH GOOD PLAYERS, nice storybuilder addition
2. USER COACHES VOTE IN COACHES POLE, AGAIN BUILD RIVALS, set gameplay RULES like maden 09 (punt on 4th etc..)
3. better connections, no chew clock in OD,

Thanks for doing this, mostly stuff YOU took out of 06 version so no thanks. I will be posting this on multiple forums give me a call
Old 01-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #691
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
Since you've played both versions, do you recommend the 360 over the PS3 one? I've had the PS3 one since it's release and something seems missing from that version for me and I just can't get into it. I've played the demo on the 360 and it seems like it plays better & smoother for whatever reason. I've been considering picking the 360 one and seeing if I can get back into college football mode with it before baseball season gets here. Also, what sliders are you using? Thanks.

I didn't notice a huge difference (like with NBA2K11) to be honest. I think they're pretty comparable but then again I haven't played the PS3 version in four months.

I play the game in a weird fashion lol - default AA with run-blocking at 40...but I'm always the team with the ball. I switch on every change of possession. Sounds ******** BUT...

1. Defense has been boring as hell in EA games since NCAA 05 IMO.
2. You never get bored in your dynasty because you get to control different teams and different offensive styles.
3. You never have to worry about any of the CPU's offensive issues: robo QB, RB's not going to the sidelines, RBs covering up the ball/running conservatively, not going to stars enough, etc).
4. Don't have to mess with many sliders as the CPU's offense is often the hardest thing to get right IMO.
5. Don't have to worry about the CPU being too easy or too hard since you're controlling their O.

I started doing it with Madden last year and it makes EA's football games insanely fun. I guess the only downsides are that you have to constantly pause the game to change sides - and that you have to show self-discipline and not purposely fail with the CPU's team to benefit you, which is not an issue for me.

I went 8-5 with PSU in season 1, currently 4-1 in season 2. Got destroyed by OSU in both seasons.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

Last edited by ehh; 01-26-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2011, 11:11 PM   #692
Rookie

nazzman's Arena

OVR: 3

(refers to human v. CPU dynasty, second year, Xbox 360)

Played one of my least enjoyable NCAA games last night and I go way back:

I wasn't seeing many penalties on the default, so I had moved the holding from 50 to 55. Whoa Nelly. At one point, I had four holding calls in a row. The instances of holding calls in the second half had to be 1 in 3 -- or 1 in 4. Ruined a good game. Slider too hot by far, or at least on occasion. There should be caps on the number of identical penalties in a row or within a series to keep it real.

Also, I know this has been kicked around lots, but EA please fix the sportsmanship feature or give us a way to at least hide the in-game notices such as WARNING and -250 when you throw late on a 3-10 and similar. It is meaningless as far as the game itself, but still detracts from enjoyment and immersion. That thing is broken every which way.

So back to my game: Holding calls coming at an absurd rate and then repeated off-base warnings about sportsmanship. Maddening.

Another quick thought about sportsmanship: It makes no allowances for a mass sub on the offense. The sportsmanship should take that into account, but only the announcers take notice. Backups should get to play ball, including passing, within reason.

Love the game, though. This year is simply the best.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #693
Rookie

davemay135's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzman
(refers to human v. CPU dynasty, second year, Xbox 360)

Played one of my least enjoyable NCAA games last night and I go way back:

I wasn't seeing many penalties on the default, so I had moved the holding from 50 to 55. Whoa Nelly. At one point, I had four holding calls in a row. The instances of holding calls in the second half had to be 1 in 3 -- or 1 in 4. Ruined a good game. Slider too hot by far, or at least on occasion. There should be caps on the number of identical penalties in a row or within a series to keep it real.

Also, I know this has been kicked around lots, but EA please fix the sportsmanship feature or give us a way to at least hide the in-game notices such as WARNING and -250 when you throw late on a 3-10 and similar. It is meaningless as far as the game itself, but still detracts from enjoyment and immersion. That thing is broken every which way.

So back to my game: Holding calls coming at an absurd rate and then repeated off-base warnings about sportsmanship. Maddening.

Another quick thought about sportsmanship: It makes no allowances for a mass sub on the offense. The sportsmanship should take that into account, but only the announcers take notice. Backups should get to play ball, including passing, within reason.

Love the game, though. This year is simply the best.
That's a great point. Mass subs ought to be a +200 or something on sportsmanship itself, and then not take away from the rating for playing normal within the mass sub. Not to mention, the subs should get some ratings bonuses for having played (don't know that they don't).

Rock Chalk Chickenhawk - F KU!
Old 02-06-2011, 10:57 PM   #694
Rookie

Still getting a feel for it, love the game overall. Intro is great as everyone says... Just need to find the right sliders as usual.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:39 PM   #695
Rookie

OVR: 2

EA needs to fix conference record counts for those teams that play in conference championship games.
In regard to official statistical practices, a conference championship game should NOT be counted in a team's conferene record, i.e., an 8-0 team would not improve to 9-0 in it's conference record. It's the same in all sports. This holds true in postseason conference basketball tourneys, etc.
Even in the NFL, a rematch of the Steelers-Ravens in the playoffs did not change their in-conference marks, just their overall records.
Kind of odd that EA or a game developer would get something like this flat out wrong (as opposed to things in the game we may not like and wish they'd change).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #696
Rookie

Fix PA passing, refine college offensive play, make defense interesting and strategic, and tailor recruiting to something other than predetermined prestige and random luck....and we got us a good game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »