Home

NCAA Football 11 IMPRESSIONS ONLY

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 IMPRESSIONS ONLY within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2010, 08:40 PM   #65
Rookie

Bigman815's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Football 11 IMPRESSIONS ONLY

Im loving the game so far.
Didnt Play Now, went straight to Dynasty with UTEP.
Recruiting On AA seems kinda easy but maybe cuz i didnt go after no highly touted recruits.
Im 4-1 in the dynasty, only lost coming from Houston. Tough game, I had them until I started forcing everything. Turnovers killed me
Maybe cuz im playing garbage teams but running is TOO easy. Ill see later in the season when I play Arkansas.

But overall, great game. And question, are you guys playing with auto sprint on? Because I turned it off, doesnt feel right not using it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2010, 08:47 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am irate with EA Sports! They did it again they denied a small school from a small conference a grand entrance that could have been spectacular. I graduated from East Carolina University (ECU Pirates). ECU's entrance is amazing. Our entrance consists of purple smoke, Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix, coming out of a pirate ship, a pirate (human form) leading the team out, and a cannon going off. I mean really this could have been great but we get looked over. Please take a look on youtube at some of the videos. Search ECU entrance or East Carolina entrance you will see what I am talking about instantly. Thanks and let me know if you supporte my irateness. Thanks again.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

I've played two offline games.

Auburn/Alabama with my buddy & Oregon/Oregon State

I've played 5 games online and I'm sitting at 4-1.

I like the different offensive styles. It seems I can't play a spread team without them snapping the ball and sprinting like a bat out of hell to the sideline and trying to lob it down field or hit receiver on a drag/slant. However, I don't blame it on the new emphasis on offense, because there have always been people cheesing. I don't mind the hurry up anymore, because the ability to change plays on the fly and it just seems smoother.

All in all, I'm impressed with the game. It's taken me a few games to adjust to it. I still catch myself swapping to a defender and getting myself beat by doing something stupid, but I'm adjusting pretty well..
Old 07-13-2010, 08:59 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's a mixed bag....Personally, I think the locomotion and offensive play feels tight and awesome really.

HOWEVER, when I score my school's fight song doesn't even play. When I get a big 1st down, I get some random school's fight song and not ours......Why is that exactly? Happen to anyone else?

Also, it seems like the defensive AI (All American right now) when I'm on defense is beyond stupid. Playing in front of the receivers in COver 2 so all it takes is a quick step by the receiver after the ball is thrown and they get beat everytime. Either a TD or an easy 10 yards.....

When I'm playing man, SMU receivers were running around Texas Tech's receivers like they were 3 year old children. My guys just stood there like they were in zone and let people run circles around them.

Overall, I've got a bad first impression and won't activate my EA code until I decide whether I'm keeping it or selling it.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:00 PM   #69
Pro

OVR: 5

So far I am really enjoying this game, which is good because for the last couple years I knew that I did not like the game after playing the first game or so. Once some good sliders are posted I believe that the game will be very solid. The presentation is solid and the gameplay, as previously mentioned in other posts, just feels right. The only gripe that I have so far is that there appears to be way too many fumbles, but this should be an easy fix.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:33 PM   #70
Rookie

lil_taul's Arena

OVR: 2

recruiting. anything on AA or higher dificulity. its too hard. the players intrest level rises to fast for the number 1 team. u be forced to have less players on ur board. almost like u have to spend talkin to every recruit a hr a peice
so i got mine on varsity!
Old 07-13-2010, 09:46 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 26

My first impression was DAMN THIS IS EXPENSIVE and Oh they changed the box.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2010, 09:47 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 34

Playd as a DL is fun again and not chop and vortex block city

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »