Home

EA started the season Aug 26 making all schedules a week off

This is a discussion on EA started the season Aug 26 making all schedules a week off within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2010, 02:31 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: EA started the season Aug 26 making all schedules a week off

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevadawp
It also often results in two WAC teams undefeated and ranked at the end of the year. I simmed thru the first year and BOTH Nevada and Boise finished the year undefeated and in BCS bowl games. So don't go thinking that it's not an issue because it's a small conference.

Very frustrating.
Had the exact same result last night when I simmed a season, and didn't really think about how it happened until seeing this thread. Not a huge deal, but as you said, frustrating.

As a Minnesota fan, noticed they have us playing AT Iowa in the season finale, when that game is actually in Minneapolis. So, we play three home games and five road games in conference. Will have to sim through again and see if that gets reversed (or, hopefully, fixed) in Year 2.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:57 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

While it might not be a big deal to you, it is to some of us who have high expectations. I think it is entirely reasonable to expect that when I play a dynasty, it should have the correct dates. No it doesnt hinder me from playing a dynasty with wrong date. Correct dates are a simple detail that I fully expect to be a part of the dynasty. When you start excusing the little things, it generally turns into a bigger problem. My hope is that EA will patch it this year and come next year, whoever is in charge of making sure the schedules are right, will actually see before the games goes to market, that all schedules are accurate.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:01 PM   #19
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Amazing how people as a whole will cry about a random player being 89 speed instead of 92, but have no problem with the schedules being completely wrong.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:50 PM   #20
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

I figured out why its off. The schedule is never actually right anyway seeing as conference championships are always the last week and on their own week. The season still ends on the same week it does in real life just not with the same games as real life. I wouldn't know how hard it would be to program week 14 to have the conference title games as well as the other end of the season games and then have Army-Navy be the only game in week 15, but EA has never done it so the schedule being wrong should be nothing new. The dates may be off, but there is a reason for it besides them not looking at the details. This shouldn't be the first year for people complaining about schedules as they are technically never right. So for those of you hoping for a patch for the dates, its not happening.

The Boise thing however is inexcusible.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:56 PM   #21
MVP

Palo20's Arena

I'd like to see this corrected.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 11:08 PM   #22
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1mpy
How is it these little details are missed? Actually, having the wrong dates for game is a MAJOR detail.
no really its not.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:09 PM   #23
Banned

$D-Money$'s Arena

OVR: 5

Wow, they said they fixed the Pac 10 schedule bug last year, I can't believe its still in the game..when does this become inexcusable? I mean seriously. Luckily I've seen no problems in the Sun Belt schedule, I wonder if its because WKU was the newest team added and stuff so they got it right the first time. I'm not quite sure how long the Pac 10 bug has been going.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:18 PM   #24
vs. the World

frankplastictrees's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by $D-Money$
Wow, they said they fixed the Pac 10 schedule bug last year, I can't believe its still in the game..when does this become inexcusable? I mean seriously. Luckily I've seen no problems in the Sun Belt schedule, I wonder if its because WKU was the newest team added and stuff so they got it right the first time. I'm not quite sure how long the Pac 10 bug has been going.
Every year this gen I think.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »