Home

Man Coverage in this game NEEDS to be fixed

This is a discussion on Man Coverage in this game NEEDS to be fixed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2010, 02:28 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Man Coverage in this game NEEDS to be fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesha2000
Let me know how successful you are with completing a stop route. I'm about to go in practice mode right now and throw 10 passes on man to man coverage and come back and tell you how many I complete.
1-10....4 picked off...1 hit my receivers hand and was broken up...the rest didn't even make it to the receiver. And we all know that the stop route is the hardest route to defend in real football if you are playing man and giving the normal cushion. So as the OP stated, this is an issue. The only time I completed the pass is when the QB threw it over the DB head after the DB made his break before my WR.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:04 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

but playing online its always been way too easy... you gotta remember that if this route is open 3/10 times and other routes are open 2/10 times then a good user would be hitting on plays with 3 WRs 7/10 times.. and most plays have 4 or 5 options
Old 07-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

dropping the CPU pass coverage slider down to 35 or 40 on AA, or 25/30 on heisman works wonders.

i went into practice mode with michigan on offense and nebraska on defense. nebraska has very good corners, 91 OVR and 88 OVR, on with the pass coverage sliders adjusted and was actually able to complete a realistic % of hitches, curls and outs. my WR's were able to get more separation on #15 (88 OVR, 98 MCV, 94 AWR) than #21 (91 OVR, 96 MCV, 88 AWR).....slants against man are still broken...the DB runs the route for you nearly every time. my slot receivers were able to get a ton of separation on their OLB's and safeties as well on ins and outs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 10:31 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunna2006
but playing online its always been way too easy...
It's not this year. I played my first game against my cousin (like every year). He was Iowa, I was Nebraska, and we had 6 picks between us. It's not necessarily the amount of picks that really bother me, it's that they were all circus catches in single coverage.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #13
Pro

Cj7298419's Arena

OVR: 8

I agree with the OP. Man coverage on this game is unreal. I've seen several times where the corners will cut before my receiver does.

Because of this, I've been getting sacked alot more this year than any of the previous years. I know sliders can help this, but I'm mainly an online player so I have to deal with it.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 0

Man coverage is bs..no argument there. However...look at the ratings of some of the corners in the game. They are overrated. Just about every corners man coverage is 93+. That is insane for college corners...and would be for nfl corners as well. Give it a peek.
There is NOTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE that YOU can do to STOP ME.That is WHY they call ME UNCOVERABLE #85
Old 07-14-2010, 10:42 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

This is the thing they definitely need to fix next year, the CPU knowing things. Routes, plays (they only pick any kind of safe FG coverage when you call a fake, never when you're actually kicking a FG), they definitely know an impossible amount sometimes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 10:48 AM   #16
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

This sounds like Madden fans getting adjusted to the NCAA FB passing game. Remember, you must take control of your receiver and go get the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »