Home

Is it safe to say this game is the best NCAA Football game of all time?

This is a discussion on Is it safe to say this game is the best NCAA Football game of all time? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is NCAA Football 11 TGhe Best College FB Game?
Yes 151 75.88%
No 48 24.12%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2010, 11:26 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Is it safe to say this game is the best NCAA Football game of all time?

I don't see how you can say no, nor do I see how last year was worse than '06.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:33 PM   #34
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Simply, no.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:35 PM   #35
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

I voted no, because it still has it flaws. To me, NCAA 06 was the best game of all time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 11:38 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
I voted no, because it still has it flaws. To me, NCAA 06 was the best game of all time.
NCAA 06 had most of the same flaws this does, they just didn't seem like as big of a deal because we hadn't dealt with them for years.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:42 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 17

Its really hard to say...while this game seems really good and polished, I still dont know if the passing is as organic as NCAA 2004. There was just that feeling you got in 04 when you launched one deep and the camera followed that floaty and wobbly pass into the hands of a wr that broke free on a post pattern and had about 15 yards separation from a broken coverage that still hasnt been recaptured in the current gen games.

Passing this year in 11 is better than previous years but it still has a certain stiffness to it and doesnt allow for that full range of touch, loftiness, and directional passing that the previous 04 thru 06 offered. Its as if it has been dumbed down a bit to make it easier....I dont know. Hard to describe, but it just doesnt have the same dynamics that I enjoyed years ago on the Xbox.

However running is tighter but this year's enhanced lighting and player models introduces more areas of suspect sluggishness at certain areas of a play from time to time....its usually a smooth game, but there are still situations where there is a slight 'chugginess' for a split second or two ...which is all it takes to ruin the illusion of buttery smooth video gameplay

Its a very good game but I am going to need more time to observe the different correlations between teams, players, ratings, abilities, AI. ....Its just too soon to say for sure without fully observing how all of these interact with each other.

As someone above eloquently put it ...."The paint is still wet on this car"

....lets see how it looks in the sunlight when it dries
Old 07-14-2010, 11:54 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Its so easy to get the game, take it out of the box, watch the intro and say its the best ever. Its the prettiest, but the more I play it, the more glitches and bugs I see.. Right now, its not even close to being the best, but it has potential on the updates to be..
Old 07-14-2010, 11:59 PM   #39
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

To me it is and I can tell my opinion won't change for a few main reasons:

1) For the first time ever EA got OL/DL interaction right. It's a million times better in the retail than the demo. It puts any past version to same. No suction cup blocking, no impenetrable CPU pocket, no FB/pulling tackles running right past a defender. Ratings finally matter in the trenches too which is huge. With UConn, my DL looked like Alabama's when I played Army to kick off my dynasty. I destroyed their offensive line. Then when I played Notre Dame the Irish had a slight edge in the trenches and it played out beautifully. Everyone knows how much better the running game is this year than ever before, no need to go into detail on that. This has such a monumentally positive effect on so many levels of the game play.

2) Robo-QB is finally gone. I've played nine games of NCAA 11 so far, only two against a nasty QB. In the other seven games the CPU QB varied from being horrible to average. Nothing felt cheap. There are FINALLY a good amount of throws where the CPU simply misses his man. The CPU will have a guy wide open 25 yards down field and just overthrow him. I love it, no longer is every CPU QB Peyton Manning. Looks like robo QB is finally dead after nine years of wrecking havoc.

3) Defense is tightened up again. The OL/DL interaction goes a long way and coverage is finally on a PS1/Xbox1 level again. Good secondaries can completely shut down your passing attack if you're using a team like UConn. I may be imagining things but the D adjusts to your tendencies as the games go on much better than they ever have in the past. I'm playing on default AA on six minute quarters and I've had several games where both teams scored less than 21 points. It's awesome.

Basically, ratings finally matter in this game and it finally feels more organic than not. Maybe Locomotion really is that big of a game changer. So much cheap crap that made you want to give up on past versions is gone (robo QB, can't get pressure on the CPU QB, suction blocking, your OL missing an obvious block, etc). Helps that the game is gorgeous and that the running animations are finally fixed too. Cheers to EA, they finally hit a football game out of the park on this generation of consoles.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

Last edited by ehh; 07-15-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:24 AM   #40
Pro

OVR: 5

When I can actually play the game (when its not freezing), its the most fun I have had with an NCAA game

04 and 06 were both awesome games, but with the graphics I have to give the edge to 11, it just sucks you into the atmosphere

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »