Home

Recruiting Tips?

This is a discussion on Recruiting Tips? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 01:36 PM   #73
Rookie

HookEm26's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Recruiting Tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono139
I skipped '10, but in '09, I would usually start my season off with quick calls of 40-60 minutes to unlock as many random pitches as possible just to get me started.

Since this method cannot be performed in '11, do you guys usually see what the recruit thinks before you sell the pitch? The main area that I can see this being valuable is where you are allowed to choose the next topic.

I started my offline dynasty with UF just now, and I didn't even bother seeing how the recruit felt if my school was very strong in that department. The point gains were good for the most part, but I feel like I could have recruited a lot better.
You can use quick calls in '11. After you select the recruit to call and hit set your call length, push X for quick call instead of hitting A to go into the call.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:31 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Just a heads up for the guys who may rush recruiting sometimes. For recruits it gives you the wrong tendency. I created a pure speed recruit with poor catching and route running skills and he was listed as a possession WR. So I checked other recruits and the tendencies were backwards ( i.e. speed RB listed as power,cover corners listed as hard hitters).

So be sure to check the individual attributes. Hopefully a fix can be worked into a patch.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:20 PM   #75
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12

Anyone seen any transfer problems with promises? In some of the past NCAA games a player could start every game and be a freshman all american but would leave if you had promised solid playing time during recruiting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 10:35 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvb24
Anyone seen any transfer problems with promises? In some of the past NCAA games a player could start every game and be a freshman all american but would leave if you had promised solid playing time during recruiting.
He shouldn't leave if you have him in the starting line up. Understand that the slot position isn't a starting position though it is a skill one. A lot of my friends make that mistake on their Dynasties. It's considered a broken promise. Making the Freshman All American is nice but with the small amount of starting freshman each year it's almost a gimme. I had a freshman QB in last years game that only saw action 2 times and a HB who might have gotten 3 or 4 more games in and they both made Freshman All American.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:40 PM   #77
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdogg70
He shouldn't leave if you have him in the starting line up. Understand that the slot position isn't a starting position though it is a skill one. A lot of my friends make that mistake on their Dynasties. It's considered a broken promise. Making the Freshman All American is nice but with the small amount of starting freshman each year it's almost a gimme. I had a freshman QB in last years game that only saw action 2 times and a HB who might have gotten 3 or 4 more games in and they both made Freshman All American.
I skipped ncaa 10 but in 09 I had a true freshman SS that started and was a 1st team all american in his freshman year. He also won the Thorpe award but after that year he transfered. I just hope it's fixed in 11.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:25 AM   #78
Rookie

LC AAU's Arena

OVR: 4

http://www.digitalsportscene.com/for...ting-tips.html

Even more recruiting tips.

I've been using some of these and I was able to get a 4 star ATH to Southern Miss in my Dynasty.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:34 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvb24
I skipped ncaa 10 but in 09 I had a true freshman SS that started and was a 1st team all american in his freshman year. He also won the Thorpe award but after that year he transferred. I just hope it's fixed in 11.
Yeah '09 had insane recruiting glitches. I would go through the entire recruiting process and pick up some pretty good players and then when the season started I'd look through my promises to make sure I wasn't breaking any and suddenly see that I magically promised a 300lb OG that he could play WR. WTF?!! Happened almost every season and it was always a recruit I needed. I'm glad the got rid of that one. It drove me mad. lol
Old 07-19-2010, 09:34 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have two quick questions.
How many recruits do you have to sign from a state to make that state a pipeline state?
Can you lose a pipeline state?

thanks

Last edited by eason24; 07-19-2010 at 09:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »