Home

computer knowing you run or pass in shotgun

This is a discussion on computer knowing you run or pass in shotgun within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: computer knowing you run or pass in shotgun

If you pick a run in a 4-wide set and the computer comes out in a 4-3, 3-4, 4-4, etc set, then audible to a pass. I guarantee there is a mismatch. Same is true when you pick a pass and the computer comes out in a dime. You O-Line should overpower the CPU with just 5/6 men in the box.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
If you pick a run in a 4-wide set and the computer comes out in a 4-3, 3-4, 4-4, etc set, then audible to a pass. I guarantee there is a mismatch. Same is true when you pick a pass and the computer comes out in a dime. You O-Line should overpower the CPU with just 5/6 men in the box.

I understand what everyone is saying to audible etc but I'm talking from a real life perspective. On saturdays D coordinators don't match up a 5 wide receiver set with a 4-3 I think it needs to be addressed
Old 07-14-2010, 09:32 PM   #11
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionelzeus
I understand what everyone is saying to audible etc but I'm talking from a real life perspective. On saturdays D coordinators don't match up a 5 wide receiver set with a 4-3 I think it needs to be addressed
Haha, you would think that but actually they do. I laugh because I'm an Iowa fan (obviously) and it took some time to get used to Norm Parker's philosophy on defense. I remember scratching my head when he would leave his 4-3 group in to defend against spread sets and then seeing that it could actually work.

I realize that's not your main point and just because one or a couple teams do it doesn't make it "normal", but it's not out of character if you saw it during one or two games.

Keep playing and you'll see differences.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »