Home

CPU defensive strategy

This is a discussion on CPU defensive strategy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
CPU defensive strategy

is everyone else seeing this?

the CPU is so hyper aggressive that everything is feast or famine both ways. the CPU plays nearly nothing but press man rushing at least 7 or 8 men nearly every single play.

their safeties almost always walk up to LB depth, the LB's mug the LOS, and the corners are always pressed...yeah, all 11 defenders within 4 yds of the LOS.

i am running the ball fairly effective, i'm just sick of going 15-25 for 400 yds with 4 TDs and getting sacked 6 times.

the game plays great, the CPU defensive strategy is beyond ******** (AGAIN)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 11:33 AM   #2
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: CPU defensive strategy

If you're running the ball successfully, then the CPU is doing whatever it can to defeat you.

Also, some teams have a more aggressive playing style on defense.

Try playing with a team that is horrible running the ball, and play against a team that has a very good, but conservative defense.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:38 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25

I am not seeing what TC is seeing personally....Not every team plays the same...Thats a great thing if you ask me....

You torch teams that you should....Seems right to me, unless i am missing something.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

OVR: 22

I've played games where I have seen this, and others where it's completely different. It all depends on the teams and the way that particular game is going. That's what I love about it.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:50 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

I have noticed this as well, but at least in dynasty mode there may be a way to get the CPU to be less aggressive. Under the coaching sliders of each team I think there is a aggressiveness slider for defense. If you lower that for the CPU team before playing them they may blitz and play press coverage less. Not sure about this though, as I haven't started a dynasty yet.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 11:55 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
I have noticed this as well, but at least in dynasty mode there may be a way to get the CPU to be less aggressive. Under the coaching sliders of each team I think there is a aggressiveness slider for defense. If you lower that for the CPU team before playing them they may blitz and play press coverage less. Not sure about this though, as I haven't started a dynasty yet.
i just started a warmup dynasty and this has worked for me. it's nice getting a chance to read a defense and not just try to get rid of the ball before my QB's on his rear....what i did in NCAA 10 was lower their def aggression by 20 for my opponent each week.

the safeties still walk up nearly every running play but that's been an EA staple for 10 years now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »