Home

Special Teams - blocking & returning FGs and punts input/advice

This is a discussion on Special Teams - blocking & returning FGs and punts input/advice within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Special Teams - blocking & returning FGs and punts input/advice

You know as always it seems nearly impossible to block any FG's or punts but one reason I have noticed why I think, or part of the reason anyways, is even if you call Punt Block if you watch your guys on the DL they do not aggressively go through and try to get the block, it seems as if they just go forward for a second faster, then turn around and go back an block. I have found one thing that helps for punt blocks is to choose FG Block/return play. I actually had a guy on one end get inside and past the up back.

Oh and in regards to returns, be it punts or kicks, I'm wondering if anyone has tried moving the kickers power about 1 to 3 notches to the right to give them more power. That way perhaps you will see more separation amongst the players and see some decent returns??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 12:06 PM   #2
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Special Teams - blocking & returning FGs and punts input/advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
You know as always it seems nearly impossible to block any FG's or punts but one reason I have noticed why I think, or part of the reason anyways, is even if you call Punt Block if you watch your guys on the DL they do not aggressively go through and try to get the block, it seems as if they just go forward for a second faster, then turn around and go back an block. I have found one thing that helps for punt blocks is to choose FG Block/return play. I actually had a guy on one end get inside and past the up back.

Oh and in regards to returns, be it punts or kicks, I'm wondering if anyone has tried moving the kickers power about 1 to 3 notches to the right to give them more power. That way perhaps you will see more separation amongst the players and see some decent returns??
Ive been impressed with the punting game return wise this year, Ive done all out block and return left or right and notice Ill get a guy past blockers on return left or right more than all out, I think it should be opposite, and for the kicks, I do move it 1-2 inches left or right to get a better cpu return, the cpu takes different returns when I do this and not just straight up the middle.
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Old 07-14-2010, 01:00 PM   #3
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Special Teams - blocking & returning FGs and punts input/advice

I always increase the kick and punt power in football games. Far as blocking, none of my guys ever get pass the line.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »