Home

What a sham.

This is a discussion on What a sham. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 01:59 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: What a sham.

If it doesn't happen in real life, why can't they just add the option like they did in Sega NCAA Football 96...I mean c'mon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg motivatordcc7485646b8b49a5f8e673ea12cb0c0b21ff027.jpg (48.8 KB, 43 views)
#1 Rule of Sliders: Realism is Relative
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 02:02 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycbs
You're exactly right on both points. The BCS does suck and this definitely doesn't demonstrate realism. The people saying that it does are either not completely understanding your scenario or are just trying to be smartxxxes.

The only way this would be realistic would be if you were 30 years deep in your Dynasty and somehow the SEC had fallen off to where your SOS would be crap. What screwed you in this case was probably the regular polls, right? The regular polls (media and coaches') seem to play a larger roll in the BCS ranking in this game than they do even in real life. What were the poll rankings right before bowl week?
I don't remember. It was actually the coaches' poll that was hurting me. I was 5-6 positions higher in the media poll all season long until right at the very end.

Fortunately, I just started the second season ranked #5 and ended up #1 by the time I beat Bama and got through week 4 at 4-0. Still ended up dropping to #2 behind Oregon, but at least got to play them in the National Championship.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:15 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
How was BSU 12-2?
i recreated Conference USA as a power conf

Mtn Div: BSU, Utah, BYU, Utah State, UNLV, Nevada
Southwest Div: TCU, Tulsa, SMU, UTEP, Houston, Rice
Old 07-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull
i recreated Conference USA as a power conf

Mtn Div: BSU, Utah, BYU, Utah State, UNLV, Nevada
Southwest Div: TCU, Tulsa, SMU, UTEP, Houston, Rice
That significantly increases their strength of schedule. The Boise State that finished ranked higher than me was the only team in a conference full of no-names. Boise State, Utah, BYU, and Houston all start in the top 25, don't they?
Old 07-15-2010, 07:54 PM   #29
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

For some reason the coaches poll is the hardest to impress. As I posted earlier, I beat bama but only gained 3 spots in coaches, while I gained about 10 in the media. Same season, I beat #1 OSU as #14, the coaches put meup a whopping two spots. Meanwhile, the media poll had me from 16 to 6 and BCS from 15 to 8. Unfortunately, the coaches poll is the one that shows up everywhere by default in your dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »