Home

Major Speed Issue

This is a discussion on Major Speed Issue within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2010, 09:32 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Major Speed Issue

Two points:

If you are in yr 2014, that's 3 yrs in with original rosters, which contain over-rated players which lead to many of the numbers you've cited. The avg 3 star freshman comes in around 60-70 ovr. Most player's on power school rosters today are 3 star player's with some 4 star and few 5 star. I've seen a couple of speed QB's in dynasty, but the in-game generator does a good job at limiting their THP and THA. So you get the speed, but you better not try and pass with them (got one in my dynasty and learned the hard way).

I know there are many roster editor's, but I'm editing according to how the in-game editor generates player's (1-5 star) and using the web to find out what level (star) last yr freshman were and taking it from there.

One thing you could do is up the speed threshold which brings SPD/AGL/ACC closer together.

Just my thought, still a very good game.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:34 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
I don't think it's going to matter much for many of these players. You roll your eyes at the acceleration and agility ratings, but speed really doesn't mean much unless you have an open field to run through.

Speed does nothing for a lineman because they will NEVER get up to top speed. They don't run far enough to do it. It's like saying that a Corvette is unfair on a go-cart track. The Corvette will never get up to top speed so it's a non issue.

The same goes for the QBs. They have to elude the defense and run for a while untouched before the speed comes into play.

Also, someone already made a thread on progression and it actually turns out that the progression levels the playing field instead of resulting in a large number of 99's, etc.
Large number of 99 overalls is not the problem. 100 or more 95+ speed players, not including the dozens of vick qbs is a problem. 20 linebackers with 90 speed is a problem as only one maybe two would show up before.
O linemen still have 85 speed, problem. Well at least with all these speed demon players spread around so, maybe it will feel like mascot mash up eventually.

Im just saying, do it yourself and see what im saying, maybe im just getting it on my xbox idk.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:37 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Two points:

If you are in yr 2014, that's 3 yrs in with original rosters, which contain over-rated players which lead to many of the numbers you've cited. The avg 3 star freshman comes in around 60-70 ovr. Most player's on power school rosters today are 3 star player's with some 4 star and few 5 star. I've seen a couple of speed QB's in dynasty, but the in-game generator does a good job at limiting their THP and THA. So you get the speed, but you better not try and pass with them (got one in my dynasty and learned the hard way).

I know there are many roster editor's, but I'm editing according to how the in-game editor generates player's (1-5 star) and using the web to find out what level (star) last yr freshman were and taking it from there.

One thing you could do is up the speed threshold which brings SPD/AGL/ACC closer together.

Just my thought, still a very good game.
2010 2011 2012 2013 2014, they're gone. And i haven't really played an entire season to say that it destroys the game. I love the game don't get me wrong, i dont like the 104 (counted) 95-99 speed rated players is all.

Edit: you might be onto some in retrospect. Alot of the overkill speed guys are RS SR (the last of EA's roster) I'll sim another year and see what happens.

Last edited by kingkilla56; 07-14-2010 at 09:51 PM. Reason: I was a little too quick on the trigger...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 10:05 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
So im in year 2014 with a Lafayette dynasty and i take a look at the quarterbacks...

There are 9 qbs with 90+ speed
and 32 with 85-89 speed

comon people, I never heard if a football era with 41 michael vicks running around the place

is this an isolated incident? this is a problem

BTW speed across the board is an issue FBs with 91 speed
a million receivers with 96+ speed
TEs with 94 speed
lineman with 80 speed
DEs with 96 speed
All big school linebackers have 95_ speed
even a punter with 99 speed

yada yada about acceleration but it seems like the whole country recruits in florida alone.
IDK what to say about this. Its still to be determined if this is a dynasty killer

How is this a problem? Most of those numbers are lower than the original rosters in the game.

Out of the box there are 15 QBs 90+ and about 130 95-99 guys total

In my 2015 dynasty I have a handful of 90+ speed QB and no 99 speed punters or anything. Other than a 99 punter those numbers are about the same as the starting rosters.

I have found overall all the ratings slightly decline in future dynasty years.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:14 PM   #13
Rookie

philliesphan026's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
2010 2011 2012 2013 2014, they're gone. And i haven't really played an entire season to say that it destroys the game. I love the game don't get me wrong, i dont like the 104 (counted) 95-99 speed rated players is all.

Edit: you might be onto some in retrospect. Alot of the overkill speed guys are RS SR (the last of EA's roster) I'll sim another year and see what happens.
104 players with 95+ speed doesn't seem like a huge issue to me. Think about it, there are 120+ teams in the game, so that levels out to a little less than one 95+ speed player per team.

Maybe I'm misreading into something, but it doesn't seem too bad

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »