Home

Can someone quantify "solid playing time"?

This is a discussion on Can someone quantify "solid playing time"? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 02:57 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Can someone quantify "solid playing time"?

Don't make that promise unless the guy you're making it to will be #1 or #2 on the depth chart. If you tell a QB he'll get solid playing time, you better start him or he'll bolt.

It is very flawed... Tim Tebow got solid playing time as a freshman in real life, but if that were in the game, the promise would be considered to have been broken and he'd transfer out.

So to quantify it = "solid playing time" = you're starting for us next year.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:33 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Can someone quantify "solid playing time"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
So, it sounds like depth chart position is probably more important than actual play time or stats recorded.

I wonder if you could put the player at #1 on the depth chart then just sub him out at the beginning of every game.
Don't think so... I had a star DT who I promised solid playing time. It was an easy promise to make because that year I had several DT seniors... All were leaving but two. And the decision became easier when the 5* rookie came in ranked higher than my existing two DTs. So I put him #1 on the depth chart. So, for the first 4 games, he plays every single defensive down. And then OH NO, he takes a season ending knee injury in the 5th game.

At the end of the season, I happen to notice his "playing time" promise is showing up as a broken promise. I was . I had left him in as #1 on the depth chart despite his injury, so it's not just the chart. And it's not just stats because he put in a good number of tackles in his 4+ games. But I was really annoyed that EA hadn't included injury time in that promise because in the real world, who would tear their ACL, then get mad because the coach wouldn't play them?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »