Home

The No Huddle Topic

This is a discussion on The No Huddle Topic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 12:53 AM   #1
Rookie

silkysmooth's Arena

OVR: 2
The No Huddle Topic

This topic is simply for us as a group to figure out which teams run a lot of no huddle in real life and which run it in game.

I'm playing a game against UConn and they are running pretty much 95% No Huddle. Do they do so in real life?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 02:01 AM   #2
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: The No Huddle Topic

Actually almost every team that uses it (irl) actually doesn't run the no huddle, they run the "no huddle". They almost never snap it quickly, they just hurry to the line then look to the sideline for 10 seconds. As a football fan I hate this. Just as they're about to snap it, nope! They look to the sideline and we're stuck watching guys just stand there.

Sorry had to rant a bit there.

I dont think Uconn runs the no-huddle actually, although I'm not 100% sure. I do know that nobody runs it 95% of the time. Not even OU, which is basically where all this same from.

Personally though I've never seen the CPU run it every play. They usually only do it after a gain of 4 yards or more. I'm even more surprised that out of the 7 people online I've played, the number of people who frequently no-huddled was zero.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:05 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

All this No Huddle stuff came from Auburn/Tulsa/Arkansas -> Gus Malzahn. He wrote the book on it.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:06 AM   #4
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
All this No Huddle stuff came from Auburn/Tulsa/Arkansas -> Gus Malzahn. He wrote the book on it.
Ok let me rephrase that. OU popularized it.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:19 AM   #5
Rookie

silkysmooth's Arena

OVR: 2

Duke just ran it on me all game. I think it might just be the "Pro" teams for offense that run the no huddle.

Is anyone else experiencing a ton of no huddle? About to play Washington State and they are designated as a one back team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 04:45 AM   #6
Rookie

ttech10's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkysmooth
Duke just ran it on me all game. I think it might just be the "Pro" teams for offense that run the no huddle.

Is anyone else experiencing a ton of no huddle? About to play Washington State and they are designated as a one back team.
They'll probably run it, I think every team I've played has done no-huddle. At least it feels that way.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:00 AM   #7
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Actually almost every team that uses it (irl) actually doesn't run the no huddle, they run the "no huddle". They almost never snap it quickly, they just hurry to the line then look to the sideline for 10 seconds. As a football fan I hate this. Just as they're about to snap it, nope! They look to the sideline and we're stuck watching guys just stand there.
See now down here in Tallahassee, FAMU used to run a QUICK paced no-huddle offense designed to keep defenses gasping for air. Started using it back in the mid to late 90s up until about 2004.

From what I can remember, FAMU would walk up to the line after a play, and quick snap the ball with 4 and 5 WR sets...it was dubbed the "Gulf Coast Offense". Most times the QB would just call the play at the line of scrimmage with a bunch of audibles and check downs.

Any FBS teams currently run a quick no-huddle offense like that one. I just played Clemson and while they ran the no huddle, they would take time to look towards the sideline, or change the play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »