Home

One person online dynasty vs offline dynasty

This is a discussion on One person online dynasty vs offline dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Online (Wire,recruiting) or Offline (conference invites / contracts) Dynasty?
Single Player Online Dynasty 15 41.67%
Offline Dynasty 21 58.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2010, 10:54 AM   #25
Rookie

luvlyzero's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: One person online dynasty vs offline dynasty

Offline dynasty for me, with the server problems they are having I wouldn't want to be unable to play a game in my dynasty whenever I want.
Also, the ability to get job offers from other schools after you have a great year is one of my favorite aspects to dynasty mode. I love working my way up the coaches ladder.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 10:59 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 15

Here's a problem I JUST experienced while trying to do recruiting online. EA's SERVERS.

I am playing in my single-player online dynasty as Maryland and I'm doing my recruiting online via the website. On a couple of recruits that I selected where I am spending 50 mins on them each, as soon as I click call the page times out for some reason. When I hit refresh it brings me back to the main recruiting page and it says I already used the call on this player..."Cant Call This Player". But I didn't yet because the page timed out.

This is a huge issue for online dynasty. I think this just sold it for me to use offline. I don't want to waste minutes on my recruiting because of server issues.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:07 AM   #27
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
Here's a problem I JUST experienced while trying to do recruiting online. EA's SERVERS.

I am playing in my single-player online dynasty as Maryland and I'm doing my recruiting online via the website. On a couple of recruits that I selected where I am spending 50 mins on them each, as soon as I click call the page times out for some reason. When I hit refresh it brings me back to the main recruiting page and it says I already used the call on this player..."Cant Call This Player". But I didn't yet because the page timed out.

This is a huge issue for online dynasty. I think this just sold it for me to use offline. I don't want to waste minutes on my recruiting because of server issues.
yes it is, huge problem.....
my fears are coming true.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:35 PM   #28
Rookie

GKEnialb's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
This would certainly take away the main reason I'd want to do the online dynasty - recruiting from the PC while my wife and daughter are awake so I can get right to the game when they're not. I'd have to recruit from the console if I was afraid this sort of thing would happen online.

I'd love to see what I could do with the stats (normally keep track of them myself) - I wish that they would upload to a server for an offline dynasty the same as they do for season showdown (or maybe even a separate file on the console that was readable outside of the PS3...).
Old 07-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #29
Rookie

silkysmooth's Arena

OVR: 2

Seriously considering online if I decide to use my alma-mater Purdue. I've never done an online dynasty so it would probably be a pretty new and different experience for me. If I decide to use a non BCS school, I will likely just play it offline and keep track of important stuff myself.

Is there an article anywhere highlighting the features of online dynasty?
Old 07-15-2010, 04:59 PM   #30
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
yes it is, huge problem.....
my fears are coming true.
No problems for me so far in my test OD.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:11 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
No problems for me so far in my test OD.
It's sporatic bro. It's the same issue when you go to play a game and it says something about Data Transfer Failed. "Your game won't count" or something. Can't remember the exact words, but it boils down to the server issues.

If the servers can be stable enough so your games count, so you can progress in your OD, and so your recruiting minutes don't get wasted then I'll give it another go.

But with these issues topped off with the fact that you can't get conference invites and you can't get offered another coaching job in OD...this pretty much makes it offline only for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlyzero
Offline dynasty for me, with the server problems they are having I wouldn't want to be unable to play a game in my dynasty whenever I want.
Also, the ability to get job offers from other schools after you have a great year is one of my favorite aspects to dynasty mode. I love working my way up the coaches ladder.
I thought I heard on this forum you can get job offers in online dynasty but not conference invites...Can someone confirm? Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »