Home

This game is hard

This is a discussion on This game is hard within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 09:10 AM   #9
Rookie

bballsoccergreg's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: This game is hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I was actually thinking the opposite. ON default AA this game is a cakewalk.

I beat Alabama as UCLA
I crushed Oregon 45-7 as USC
I was crushing FSU as Miami 31-7 at halftime and quit the other day.

I do think the sliders work which is good. The pass coverage is way too good on the human side of the ball, but messing with it gives some good results.

The one thing I wish there was a slider for was fumbles. CPU fumbles 3-4 times a game it seems.
Totally agree with you. Played on Heisman the entire time and I haven't lost yet in my dynasty. Playin as Georgia Tech. Ohio State playbook(i know sounds gay, but i have run into too many glitches with the option). HB Tosses and and Power O are way too good now even against good teams it seems. I rerated rosters making UNC D absolutely sick and i did not punt one time against them. Defense seems like the only thing harder.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:22 AM   #10
Rookie

cmurr's Arena

OVR: 5

Drop the difficulty level and get better. When you are better, up the level again...
Old 07-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #11
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

one tip is to use thompson in the running back mix. which jermaine is good for breaking tackles he's not as fast thompson change it up alittle with them two. te is your friend and because the game blitzes alot you have to play the numbers game if one side has 5 guys and the other four on a run and you have the same to block including pulling guards run to the side with less numbers. lastly trust your eyes the window in this game isn't big so if you see it throw it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 01:14 PM   #12
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

i dont know that you should drop the level. Varsity is good, but at times can be too easy. On AA, you can still break big plays, you just have to time them right.

In short, I say tweak your sliders in AA. Whatever is giving you trouble and go from there
Old 07-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #13
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumeroUnoFSU
I play as FSU and Miami absolutely smoked me 28-0 on All-American. Their DLine gave me fits the whole game and I absolutely could not stop them on offense.

What am I doing wrong on this year's game? I've never taken a beating like that on any NCAA game.

I played them in a rematch and lost 21-10.
That should be a good thing. What fun would it be if you could consistently beat the computer 50-0?

Passing seems a little more difficult. QB's aren't as accurate. I like it.

Thank goodness there is no more scrambling to your right and throwing 40 yard darts across your body to the left all the while maintaining perfect accuracy.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 07-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I also use FSU. I hadnt played NCAA in a long time so I wanted to start this years game off on lower difficulty (Varsity) before going to All-American. Like someoine said before slow game speed is a good way to go. I also have tried different playbooks to see which I like best. I didnt care for the Multiple Playbook FSU uses since I like to throw the ball more. I found that the Air Raid playbook was better for me. If you like All-American though just find what your stuggling with and drop the slider a few notches and just work your way back up.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:33 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 13

i agree this game is a bit tougher. while i haven't lost, i've had several very close games. i'm using VT, so i'm reliant on the run game (they have two stud rb's). i struggled against miami, boise, even georgia tech. in the nat'l championship game against bama, i've never got so frustrated. my defense made some key stops, but i could barely move the ball on offense. it was great! i ended up winning 17-10 because i doubled julio jones and got a pick six.

for those on heisman, congrats. you're way better at the game than me lol
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »