Home

What teams have strong option style playbooks?

This is a discussion on What teams have strong option style playbooks? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 08:54 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
What teams have strong option style playbooks?

So I know that Gtech, Army, Navy, Airforce, all have flexbone/option style playbooks. Who else is in that category though? It would be great to have a playbook like the old nebraska playbook of pure power running.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 09:27 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What teams have strong option style playbooks?

I am using Nebraska in my offline dynasty. Right now, I am running the run balanced play book. It has quite a few I formation sets including a power I formation. There are a number of triple option plays out it (although I am awful running the triple option). I too would love to install the Tom Osborne style offense.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:33 AM   #3
Rookie

Not a team, but the option run playbook is great. If I remember correctly, it has a lot of flexbone, some I sets, a little bit of shotgun, and the wishbone. All of the formations have a hefty dose of option plays in them. I plan on using it a lot this year.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #4
Rookie

Greatgazoo2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
So I know that Gtech, Army, Navy, Airforce, all have flexbone/option style playbooks. Who else is in that category though? It would be great to have a playbook like the old nebraska playbook of pure power running.
From what I've seen, Navy and Air Force are the closest to the old Nebraska running days, as far as playbooks go. Navy AI seems to use Flexbone more than any other team, but playbooks are pretty similar between Navy and Airforce. I usually go with Airforce for my option playbook when I decide to run the option in a game
Old 07-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #5
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

I use the Option Run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 11:15 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

So it seems that Air force is the best we can get. Man my best memory of NCAA was 05 (i think, the last major last gen one) where you could customize your playbook and i had 10 formations Power I, Maryland I, 3 Wishbones, 3 PowerTs, and 4 flex bones. And this was back when the flexbone still hardly fricken worked, but it was still soooo fun just runnng old school smashmouth football.

CURSE MODERN COLLEGE FOOTBALL AND ALL THIS SPREAD CRAP!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2010, 06:43 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 9

For like 1995-96 Nebraska, Air Force is the best option for sure. The true Flex formations aren't really close.

Air Force has plenty of I, a few Ace, a few gun and some good flex. I believe Nebraska ran one back 30% of the time in the '96 season, so having some ace is certainly required.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:54 AM   #8
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9
Icon14 Re: What teams have strong option style playbooks?

If your looking for strong option out of the I-from formations. Look at Wake Forest and Run Balance! Some teams on that list has has more unqiue plays and formations to go with the option running game. Check them out!

TeamsTotal # of Option Plays in I-Form
VT4
SC4
NI3
LSU3
UGA3
WF12
Run Balance13

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »