Home

Why is the defense so terrible?

This is a discussion on Why is the defense so terrible? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Why is the defense so terrible?

I've been playing online and i've been having trouble stopping anyone. Especially people who run 4 and 5 wide often.

I had a 80% win percentage on madden online last year, but i'm struggling to win a game online in NCAA 11. Does anyone have any defensive tips?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Why is the defense so terrible?

Yep... pray.

The game is designed for high scoring game.

People are going to come on here and tell you to try different things... try more zone (then you get picked apart)... then others will say have a better pass rush (which will lead to big running plays).

There is a reason people play with teams like Florida and Ohio State... and not teams like Georgia Tech and Navy.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
dare i say...en fuego?

BravesBoy's Arena

OVR: 14

Well i'm one of the guys who believe you can stop it. I've faced these offenses before and been able to hold them down..they key for me is switchin it up and not sticking with one coverage
Old 07-15-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlepalooza
Yep... pray.

The game is designed for high scoring game.

People are going to come on here and tell you to try different things... try more zone (then you get picked apart)... then others will say have a better pass rush (which will lead to big running plays).

There is a reason people play with teams like Florida and Ohio State... and not teams like Georgia Tech and Navy.
Huh? I may be playing too much offline games and I may be all jibbered up here but I do not comprehend what you are saying. I have had one "High scoring" game since I got this at the midnight release and that was my blow out against Eastern Michigan.

And I have ran many Navy games and trust me. Well, let us just say that me and teh Triple Option are good friends.

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Old 07-15-2010, 09:02 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

Honestly it can be stopped, but when you face top team after top team it gets really difficult.

I like to use ALOT of diff teams, and you have to really work dilligently on defense to stop somethin. If they go 5 wide you need to put pressure on qb

I like to use the spy alot that helps somewhat and then hopefully your man can stick

Ive played alot of games i was 2-9 at one time im now 11-11 i figured out what works an what doesnt and still sometimes you just get beat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 09:13 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

I've shut down plenty of people....I beat someone 32-0(I think that was the score) with va tech earlier, the guy had lsu. You just got know your team and pick the right plays at the right time. Know when to blitz and when not to.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:13 PM   #7
Pro

wrigleyville33's Arena

OVR: 16

Seems I'm the opposite. The games I play online are usually strong defensive games fill with fumbles and int's. The amount of fumbles and dropped passes are pretty crazy (I've spiked the controller a couple times). I really can't throw the ball for my life. Just try to mix your defense up with blitzes, zones, and man to man. If you have the guts, try the method of guessing what the offense is going to do by holding l2 and selecting one of the options while on defense before the snap. But be careful, it's easy to get burned if guessed wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »