Home

Too Many Dropped Passes?

This is a discussion on Too Many Dropped Passes? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 05:46 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Too Many Dropped Passes?

I don't really think it's that big of an issue... ask yourselves, would you rather have robo-QB completion %s or a few drops? COLLEGE players drop the ball with much more frequency than pro WRs. I think it is just right on AA, and so I would hope that you could use the slider for this to tune it to your liking.

Also, I user catch every time, and I have noticed that if you protect ball once you have it and not try to use the right stick while you are being hit, you will hang on to it much more often.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:59 PM   #18
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Also, I think, or at least hope, that the new tuner sets can solve this issue, if the sliders don't.
What are these tuners? I've heard them mentioned before.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:38 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts
I don't really think it's that big of an issue... ask yourselves, would you rather have robo-QB completion %s or a few drops? COLLEGE players drop the ball with much more frequency than pro WRs. I think it is just right on AA, and so I would hope that you could use the slider for this to tune it to your liking.

Also, I user catch every time, and I have noticed that if you protect ball once you have it and not try to use the right stick while you are being hit, you will hang on to it much more often.
Thanks for the advice. I really don't mind if a receiver drops a pass if he has good contact, but I was referring to wide open drops. Before I adjusted the sliders I was getting close to 10 drop passes per game on All-American I don't want a "robo-comepletion" QB either. That isn't my issue. I just want to be able to complete slightly over 50% of my passes. Again on average I get about 35-45% passing completion. That isn't realistic. If I go from All-American to Varsity its too easy and my QB can get like 80% completion percentage which also isn't realistic.

I just played again as SMU, but this time against TCU. I only had 1 drop which I fear was too few drop passes. The only dropped was on a deep ball where the receiver had beat the safety and honestly, he should have caught the ball, but it wasn't a big deal.

I love how the CPU can make crazy throws while getting sacked, yet even when I turn the CPU sliders down to a 35% pass rush I still get pressured a lot and thus my recievers rarely get open and I still can't complete 50% of my passes. My QB (78 OVR) went 11-31 (35%) 2 TDs, 2 INTs. I am starting to think the passing game is broke and i'm getting quite frustrated. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 07-16-2010, 08:42 PM   #20
Rookie

Crono139's Arena

OVR: 2

Finished my first game of my AA offline dynasty, and there are definitely more drops than normal.

The most frustrating thing about it is that you clearly see the ball being caught, but it will then be dropped after a step or two, even if there is barely any contact from the defender.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:29 AM   #21
Rookie

mizzourah2006's Arena

OVR: 2

Within the gameplan there is a choice to have your receivers make conservative catches and I noticed that this greatly cut down on the dropped passes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 12:35 AM   #22
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

OVR: 3

I play on AA and haven't noticed a problem. There are a few dropped passes, but it is part of the game. It's frustrating when it's a big play and the receiver just flat drops it, but **** like that happens.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:31 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 6

How many drops are you getting a game?

In my testing out of 35 passes per game (average for most teams) there were actually on 3 or so drops which is below the league average of 4-5 per game. Also remember any time a reciever is hit while catching a ball it does not count as a drop. That means NCAA recievers drop 4 easy open passes each game (total for a team not 4 drops for one receiver). You may be counting run of the mill incomplete passes as drops.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:39 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 11

what's funny is that i haven't seen hardly any wide open drops, much more often my QB (cupcake TB school) wildly misses his target (which I assure you is equally as frustrating as a wide open drop)... i'm even tryin to set my feet and everything

also, to clarify something i said earlier, i think it is best if you user catch, hols the right bumper to protect ball, and don't move EITHER stick. that is what gives me the best results in preventing drops. try adjusting your gameplan to "conservative" as well

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »