Home

Defense hard?

This is a discussion on Defense hard? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 12:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Defense hard?

Maybe I just haven't been playing much, but defense seems damn hard this year compared to years past. No matter what play I run, I always seem to give up an easy pass or run. Whether it's man coverage or zone, blitz or combo, nothing seems to work.

Any tips, suggestions? Anyone agree?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 12:51 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Defense hard?

Same here. I was top 1000 last year and routinely could beat a low level player by 40/50 if he played it out. Not only that, but I could shut down almost everyone. But on this game, I suck bad. Just played GT and can't stop the run. Commit and they run right by you. Same with blitz. Spy and they go through you. Contain and it's about the same too. Run 5-2 or 4-4 and most of the time it doesn't work, but if it does, they throw all over the safety because the slots are wide open. Frustrating as hell!
Old 07-16-2010, 12:53 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've always been great at stopping the run, but this year it's bad. Passing too. There's always one guy that seems to be open and the CPU finds him. Maybe I just need to play more consistently.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:40 AM   #4
Banned

jarv's Arena

OVR: 1

I can stop the run pretty well...have only given up one 15+ yard run in 5 games played...but I always get burned on an intermediate pass on second and long or on third down no matter what I do.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:44 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA5L1CKDB23
I've always been great at stopping the run, but this year it's bad. Passing too. There's always one guy that seems to be open and the CPU finds him. Maybe I just need to play more consistently.

Sounds like me. NCAA's past i have dominated the opponents run game but not so much this year. Lots of missed tackles and "accidental" big hits that miss. The pass has blown me away so far cause like you said there seems to always be someone open and the CPU or online opponent has found them. I hoping this changes once i start dynasty mode and get use to the defense a bit more. I still love the play calling menus and i think it should make things easier once i figure out the controls
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 01:45 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I've found defense to be pretty easy this year, but that might be because I'm playing in the mountain west and am up against bad teams, although my team is bad too so it's a level playing field. I very rarely blitz and just control the left end to generate a pass rush, fortunately for me, I play a lot of teams that use the spread, so it leaves me with a lot of one on one matchups on the line which plays to my advantage.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:21 AM   #7
Rookie

When I play, I try to find teams that match up well with me- that's the best indicator I get. If I played Bama v. San Jose, of course I could shut them down, but if you play GT v. Wisconsin, it's evenly matched. I find it so easy to run the ball out of the I, BUT equally impossible to stop.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:33 AM   #8
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well it ain't all that hard on AA settings. But once you set it to Heisman settins. The AI will become alot more agressive on offense and D aswell. You just got to mix things up with just 4 man front pass rush and then a blitz here are there. It can be hard. But I love the challenge though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »