Home

Locomotion hurting YAC?

This is a discussion on Locomotion hurting YAC? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 01:42 AM   #1
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16
Locomotion hurting YAC?

I'm starting to like this game more as I keep playing it and get better, but I'm noticing one issue that really hurts the short passing game. Whenever the receiver catches the ball, even if its in perfect stride, he ALWAYS slows down after the catch. Also takes him a good while to get back to the speed he was at. What this means is that big 250 pound linebackers will close a three step gap between him and the 95 speed WR to make the tackle.

I'm seeing too many linebackers or even defensive ends catching up to high speed guys because of this revamped momentum.

This also affects deep routes. You can get a three or even four step seperation on a streak and regardless of the accuracy of the throw the receiver will slow down significantly after the catch, be tackled, and denied the TD.

Anyone else noticing this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 02:18 AM   #2
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Locomotion hurting YAC?

I notice it on kick and punt returns too. It's similar to the hitch you see in the wildcat and read option plays.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:52 AM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I don't if it has anything to do with the locomotion. But I do see that same problem with the WR catching the ball in strive and the AI seems to always catch up with him after the catch and bring the WR down and all. I just wonder some time. But the game is still good though.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:06 AM   #4
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

This is honestly a bigger problem for me in the running game. I guess because I've been running it a lot more using Louisville's spread playbook, which has a lot of jet sweeps, read options, and some wild card formations. But the wild card plays (outside of the sweep) are almost useless, as are the read options, because my 94 speed and 92 acceleration HB can't outrun trailing DE's and blitzing OLBs. I can't tell you how many times I've watched my speed back get completely run down by big defensive linemen as he's trying to sweep to the sideline. It's aggravating.

On the other hand, WR jet sweeps are pretty much money for me. I usually rack up well over 200 yards rushing, and almost all of them come from big plays on these sweeps. Anybody else have this issue?

I'm using Playmaker's sliders by the way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »