Home

EA and LIVE text filters?

This is a discussion on EA and LIVE text filters? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 10:04 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
EA and LIVE text filters?

Anyone know where I can find the "rules" that easports and xbox live have for allowing texts? I've placed two stories on the dynasty website and both can be read on the actual website, however, when checking it out online through the dynasty on the 360 I get an error saying, "Your story fails EA's and/or Xbox Live's text filters. Please update your story at dynasty.easports.com to see full text here."

I had a few words in the story that may have raised a question, but I changed those. In one of the stories it showed the majority of the story and just put xxxxxx over the words it didn't like. That was good because it allowed me to see which words they didn't like. With the second story, I can't see any of it. Help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: EA and LIVE text filters?

I have been searching high and low for the last hour trying to find something on EA and Xbox live that talks about text filters and I can't find a thing. Anyone having issues with their stories not being displayed on dynasty wire because of the text filter?
Old 07-16-2010, 03:17 PM   #3
Rookie

Has anyone else even tried to use the dynasty wire yet?
Old 07-16-2010, 03:31 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

The official EA response is:

Q: How come my story keeps getting filtered?
A: Your story contains text that does not pass the EA or Sony/Microsoft profanity filter, you can edit your story to change the text so that you are not being filtered.

Now I know EA doesn't publish their filter because well... they aren't going to publish a list of profanity. I imagine it's the same with Sony/Microsoft. It's an issue with the company wanting to remain politically correct.

There is a thread in the teambuilder part of this forum where people were discussing actual player names that are being filtered out. If I find it I'll edit this post with a link to it.

Jeez it was a sticky right at the top of the page.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-censored.html

Last edited by wrw41; 07-16-2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: update
Old 07-16-2010, 04:04 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrw41
The official EA response is:

Q: How come my story keeps getting filtered?
A: Your story contains text that does not pass the EA or Sony/Microsoft profanity filter, you can edit your story to change the text so that you are not being filtered.

Now I know EA doesn't publish their filter because well... they aren't going to publish a list of profanity. I imagine it's the same with Sony/Microsoft. It's an issue with the company wanting to remain politically correct.

There is a thread in the teambuilder part of this forum where people were discussing actual player names that are being filtered out. If I find it I'll edit this post with a link to it.

Jeez it was a sticky right at the top of the page.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-censored.html
Wow! There are quite a few things being caught in the filter. I will read that over. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »