Home

Playing against FCS teams

This is a discussion on Playing against FCS teams within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 15
Playing against FCS teams

What are FCS teams? I feel like a complete idiot, but I really don't know. For instance, I use Maryland in my dynasty and I was playing FCS Northwest in week 2 of my schedule last night. I crushed them 66-0 on All-American difficulty with 8 min quarters.

Not only that but I did CPU vs CPU and let the players ratings come into effect. And I schooled them with a backup RB because my 88 OVR RB got hurt for 8 weeks.

Are FCS teams really bad or something? Also even though I have the latest 360 community rosters..they didn't work for the FCS team I played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 12:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Playing against FCS teams

The FCS teams are not real teams. They're in the game to represent Football Championship Subdivision teams (formerly known as I-AA). So yes, they're extremely awful by design. Many schools schedule an FCS opponent early in the season to pad record, buff stats, work out the kinks, etc. Having the generic FCS teams in the game allows for realistic scheduling without having to include lots and lots of real FCS teams that no one would play as anyway.

I haven't looked this year but in year's past no stats were maintained for these schools, and I believe they were even able to play multiple games each week to accommodate the schedules of the big schools.

Last edited by scadh; 07-16-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

The generic FCS schools in the game are just terrible. LOL

But the FCS schools are supposed to be designed after the real life Div. I FCS(I-AA) teams.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:24 PM   #4
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by scadh
The FCS teams are not real teams. They're in the game to represent Football Championship Subdivision teams (formerly known as I-AA). So yes, they're extremely awful by design. Many schools schedule an FCS opponent early in the season to pad record, buff stats, work out the kinks, etc. Having the generic FCS teams in the game allows for realistic scheduling without having to include lots and lots of real FCS teams that no one would play as anyway.

I haven't looked this year but in year's past no stats were maintained for these schools, and I believe they were even able to play multiple games each week to accommodate the schedules of the big schools.
Your post was pretty decent...until you went back and added that part. *sigh*

To the OP, check out the FCS project in teambuilder forum when you get some free time.

Last edited by TallyBoi7; 07-16-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:34 PM   #5
Pro

TheLeviticalLawKid3's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyBoi7
Your post was pretty decent...until you went back and added that part. *sigh*

To the OP, check out the FCS project in teambuilder forum when you get some free time.
I agree. There's a whole bunch of guys who love FCS teams and use them all the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »