Home

User Pick

This is a discussion on User Pick within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 12:43 PM   #1
Rookie

Baseball Purist's Arena

OVR: 1
User Pick

Anyone else feeling like the reaction time is just not there this just year? CB's and Safetys will not break on the ball, and pressing Y (or triangle) is almost a guranteed late reaction in most cases. I'm finding that swat has become the better of the two options, which has nver been the case.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
MVP

Cabke's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: User Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Purist
Anyone else feeling like the reaction time is just not there this just year? CB's and Safetys will not break on the ball, and pressing Y (or triangle) is almost a guranteed late reaction in most cases. I'm finding that swat has become the better of the two options, which has nver been the case.

Thoughts?
Honestly, I've noticed the opposite. Of my 6 or 7 interceptions in the five games I've played, I think 5 of them have been User Pick. And I'm really not very good on defense and I play on All-American. It's definitely my weak spot.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:29 PM   #3
Rookie

had the same issue as OP, until i took auto-strafe off. i think if thats on along with your manual user(ing) of defender is throwing it off. once i took this off the user picks (felt) like normal.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #4
Rookie

Baseball Purist's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgetOnaPony
had the same issue as OP, until i took auto-strafe off. i think if thats on along with your manual user(ing) of defender is throwing it off. once i took this off the user picks (felt) like normal.
, you bring up a great point, and now that I think about it, auto-strafe is most likely causing my problem. It's almost as if my db's become stuck in strafe mode and I cannot take control, its way to late. Going to turn off auto-strafe in my next game and see how it goes.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:48 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

My guy doesn't jump when I hit Y and it makes me very angry!!! I will try setting auto straff to off and hope it works.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »