Home

Where Is Continue VS Computer!?

This is a discussion on Where Is Continue VS Computer!? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 05:09 PM   #9
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Where Is Continue VS Computer!?

I think the only way to do it is just to play hard the whole way and if you don't get a win, you don't get a win.

I think EA should give DOUBLE losses and DOUBLE DNF% for disconnects & quits in the first half though.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:11 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

This is what DNF% is for. I only play against people with a DNF of less than 15%, unless they haven't played very much, and then I won't play unless it's 0%. This leaves room for unfinished games for reasons of disconnects/etc.

This usually works, though it's tough to find a game online if you're a bama fan this year...
Old 07-16-2010, 05:15 PM   #11
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by edscott
This usually works, though it's tough to find a game online if you're a bama fan this year...
Don't have to play with your favorite team all the time

I usually Create Custom Match and change the Max DNF to 5% or Below. If I can't find a matchup I will go to 10% or Below. This will also ensure that you are the home team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 05:17 PM   #12
Pro

bowld's Arena

OVR: 9

ya i noticed this as well. i am 3-3 but should be about 20-3.

i personally think whoever is winning at disconnect should get the win. I dont see the point of playing vs CPU for 3 quarters just to get a win on your record.

from now on i only play people with a 0% disconnection rate
Old 07-16-2010, 05:17 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

I hate to laugh (since I'm likely one of the people that you'd hang 21 on in the 1st qtr) but, sometimes EA's decisions really are quite befuddling...I mean, honestly, what could they have been thinking when they removed the "finish versus CPU" option?! How could this have been viewed as advantageous for the user
Old 07-16-2010, 06:54 PM   #14
Banned

Exactly! Why would they remove it? The guys with good records like 25-3 that exploit the new running game will always have a low disconnect %. Bc they are always winning. But when i stop his trash 2 drives in a row, and then he is forced to pass and he sucks at it bc he never does it, and he gets sacked 2 times in a row, he is going to quit. I dont understand why ppl play a football game and do 2 plays an entire game. The anger that i have when playing trash like this is on Incredible Hulk status. especially if the game lets their one play work over and over and i fumble a kickoff or 2 and he wins and then sends me a message telling me that i am a bum! Sorry foe getting off subject. But it seems that EA caters to cheese. Maybe im just paranoid. But anyways i started an online dynasty so that i dont have to deal with not blowing my opponent out in the first half. I hope madden still has continue vs comp.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:17 PM   #15
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by max B I L J C
While i am milking the clock in the first half, i am giving up scoring opportunities! What part of football is that? Who plays football like that? Especially in the first half. Lets say i give up scoring drives in the first half and then my offense doesnt have any chances in the second bc of fumbles or interceptions or whatever the case may be and i lose. So then i lose a close game bc i didnt want to score in the first half bc i didnt know if he would quit if i got up 2 touchdowns on him in the 1st or 2nd quater. WACK
Well, that is how real teams play winning football. You have to look no further back than the Superbowl. The Saints controlled the clock and limited Peyton and the Colts offense to 8 possetions the whole game. The Patriots played ball control the first half of last decade [feels starange to say that.] The game plan for the Giants against the Bills was ball control. I could go on, but ball control all game long is a legit stratagy. It's how I play.

A friend of mine is a Raiders fan. I was pointing out to him in 2002 and prior with Rich Gannon, the Raiders wouldn't snap the ball until the play clock was under 7 seconds, often they snaped at 1 or 2 seconds every down. The Colts were playing the Chargers two years ago in the playoffs and the TV announcers were commenting that the Manning wouldn't call his real play/snap the ball until the playclock was inside 10 seconds. The Chargers knew that and wouldn't show their real D until about 12 or less seconds. Manning countered this in the 2ed half by snaping with 15 or so left. Fun little chess match to watch play out, and to play out yourself online. But, that is asking for too much patience for most people online.

P.S. aparently running the football si cheese now? What? Oh no, blockers avctually have assignments they follow... EXPLOIT!!! The fact that you admit you can shut down their run game [just liek i can] shows it isn't an exploit. you don't need to come out in trick plays on defense to stop the run either. Just read/close lanes and play your gap assignments.

Last edited by PGaither84; 07-16-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 07:34 PM   #16
Banned

There always has to be someone that is oppositional. I am talking about not scoring intentionally when i am in position to score. What are talking about?? milking the clock and trying to score is not the same as milking and not trying to score. no team is going to give up an opportunity to score a td on 1st and goal from the one, so that their opponent will think that they have a chance and not quit. Please dont reply if u just want to diasgree and attempt to justify how this is a real strategy used by real nfl teams. You dont sound smart.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »