Home

Has anyone had success getting 5 * prospects with a 3 * or lower school?

This is a discussion on Has anyone had success getting 5 * prospects with a 3 * or lower school? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 12:22 AM   #33
Rookie

LC AAU's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Has anyone had success getting 5 * prospects with a 3 * or lower school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC AAU
In my Southern Mississippi Dynasty (3 star school), I only have one 4 star interested in me, and that's because he's from the town of my school. So pretty much if you want to get 5 star recruits, you have to get lucky with them being in your area/pipeline states, or else it's just gonna be a waste of time trying to get him.
Actually just signed the the 4* ATH. That's probably the best recruit I'll get this year, I can't get most 5 stars to even put me in their top 10 and I'm in week 5
Old 07-18-2010, 10:52 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 12

I'm in week 3 (2-0 after beating UT and UNT) of the first year of my Dynasty with Rice University (3*) and I've got a good number of 3* recruits interested inme as one of their top 3 schools. Some of them are highly interested in things that I am not good at, like Pro Potential (D+), Conference Prestige (C), and Fan Base (D+). I was mostly focusing on recruits that already had me in the top 5 of their schools, so there might be a few 4* prospects that have Rice in their top 10, but I'm not focusing on them.

I've already gotten 2 hard commits from a pair of LBs when I offered them scholarships. One of them I'm pretty excited about because he's an OLB who is 6'7", but only 217 lbs. If he has decent speed I might try moving him back to safety and see if he can do well there.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:22 PM   #35
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Just so I can understand how much the ratings affect things.

If you are a 3 stat program, and play on freshman recruiting difficulty, then would it be possible to get 5 star guys?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 12:55 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 20

As Idaho my 1st year as a 1* I could only get 1 3* but then again I had no pitches above a C+ other than the playing time and location ones for some guys. I got close with some 4*s but could never close the deal. As a 2* my program stability is now a B which is helping a lot giving me sometimes 3 good pitches to work with. Haven't tried chasing any 4*s this year but am loading up on 3*s. Next year as a 3*, assuming I make it, I will try to get atleast one 5* from a pipeline if I think I have a chance, figure it is worth a shot incase it works, but I am not optimistic.

Maybe if I was using a school from a state that would produce more talent or that started with a good lifestyle or academic pitch or something then I would have a chance but Idaho is tough to do which is why I use them
Old 07-18-2010, 08:13 PM   #37
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm playing as Eastern Michigan with silent nature's sliders tweaked a bit and am struggling on and off the field. The team is horrible and recruiting has been brutal every time I get to #1 on a players list a BCS school offers and jumps right past me. I did get a 3 star juco WR though. I just hope he can play guard though because that's were i need help next year.

Edit: I'm recruiting on All American.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:38 PM   #38
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

with my First year at Syracuse(3*) I landed One 4*, fifteen 3*s, and like four 2*s. I am on All American and I did not even sniff a 5 star, not even the one I created who lived in Syracuse
Old 07-18-2010, 08:44 PM   #39

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

In my Tulane dynasty (1-star, Heisman recruiting difficulty), I am getting a decent amount of 3 stars showing interest but nadda for 4 or 5 stars.

If I had to guess, I'll probably nab about 4 or 5 three star guys and everyone else 2 and 1 stars

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU

Last edited by Deegeezy; 07-18-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:26 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
In my Tulane dynasty (1-star, Heisman recruiting difficulty), I am getting a decent amount of 3 stars showing interest but nadda for 4 or 5 stars.

If I had to guess, I'll probably nab about 4 or 5 three star guys and everyone else 2 and 1 stars

I'm in the same boat as you with my dynasty with Arkansas State. But I'm 4th on the list of a 4* 6'4 240 MLB with 4.32 40 .

Last edited by dmick4324; 07-18-2010 at 09:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »